(单词翻译:单击)
We’re very grateful that the Committee has agreed
我们非常感激委员会已经同意,
that a representative for the Students' Union can present students' suggestions about the design for the proposed new Union building.
一名学生会的代表可以对拟建的联合大厦提出学生们的意见。
We appreciate that some of our ideas may not be feasible in the circumstances,
在这种情况下,我们认为自己的有些想法可能不具备可行性。
but we do feel that it is important that the ultimate beneficiaries of the facilities should have some say in its design.
但是我们认为建筑的最终受益人提出的建设意见是很重要的。
If I could start by briefly explaining what steps were taken to find out student opinion and how we have arrived at conclusions.
如果我能先简单解释一下我们是如何听取学生意见及如何得出结论的。
Firstly, a meeting was held in the current Union for our SU Committee to explain the options.
首先,开了一个会议为学生委员会解释这个想法。
Then we invited all students to submit written suggestions for the design, placing cards in a suggestion box.
之后我们邀请所有学生就设计问题填写书面意见,在建议箱里放卡片。
These suggestions then provided the basis for the design of a questionnaire,
这些建议为问卷的设计提供了依据,
which was completed by approximately two thousand of the College students over a period of three weeks.
3周内有大约2000名大学生提交了意见。
Finally, the SU Committee collated the results and drew up a report.
最后,学生委员会收集结果并起草报告。
If I can just hand around a copy of that report.
如果我可以分发一下这个报道。