电影《一个美国新娘的自白》精讲第38期:鸡毛蒜皮的事
日期:2014-08-18 18:17

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文

Was I glad it was a dream?
我在庆幸是个梦吗?
No, it's not that.
不是的
Then, what? You can tell me.
到底什么回事? 告诉我吧
It's the wedding and everything, and...
是关于婚礼的, 还有其它...
Sorry. Yeah, me too.
对不起 我也是
Come here.
来吧
I'm sorry. It's okay.
非常抱歉 没事
It's all right. I just...
没事的, 只是...
I've gotta go. I've gotta go home.
我要走了, 要回家了
Yeah, I gotta go home.
真的要回家了
Hey. I'm sorry.
嘿 对不起
For what?
为什么?
You know, all the stupid fighting and stuff we've been doing.
因为这些无聊的争吵 还有些鸡毛蒜皮的事
No, I'm sorry.
应该是我道歉
I shouldn't have walked out on you at the dance lesson.
舞蹈课上我不应该丢下你的
It's okay. You don't have to take dance lessons.
没事, 我不会再逼你跳舞了
You don't have to do anything you don't wanna do.
我不会再逼你做任何事情
I love you.
我爱你
I love you too.
我也爱你
Okay, let's think. Is it that big of a deal? What really happened? Ok,
我们想想, 这是不是个交易呢? 到底怎么回事呢?
I caught myself. I controlled my urges.
我控制住了, 控制了自己的欲望
Maybe I should be proud of myself.
我应该感到骄傲
Or maybe I should be proud of my ability to rationalize.
或者说为自己的掩饰感到骄傲
I am so glad that we are finally able to all get together.
很高兴我们最终还是坐在一起了
I think having a solid blueprint for a ceremony...
只要在婚礼上达成共识
...will help us all sleep better at night.
大家就会有好觉睡了
It's gonna take more than that in my case, Reverend.
事实上没有这么简单
Since the heart of our ceremony is the exchange of vows...
我们的婚礼重点是互相宣誓
...and in the Jewish ceremony, it's the exchange of rings...
犹太婚礼的重点是交换戒指

重点讲解

重点单词:
1、ceremony
n. 典礼,仪式;礼节,礼仪;客套,虚礼
The republic was proclaimed with great ceremony.
以隆重的仪式宣告共和国成立。
2、exchange
n. 交换;交流;交易所;兑换
vt. 交换;交易;兑换
vi. 交换;交易;兑换
We exchanged addresses.
我们交换了地址。
3、rationalize
vt. 使……合理化;使……有理化;为……找借口
vi. 实行合理化;作辩解;合理地思考
He further rationalized his activity by convincing himself that he was actually promoting peace.
他通过说服自己确实是在促进和平来进一步使自己的行为合理化。

重点短语:
1、walk out
走出;罢工;退席;把(某人)领出
Several dozen councillors walked out of the meeting in protest.
几十位议员中途愤然退出会议,以示抗议。
2、more than
多于;超出;比……多
More than two students have been concerned in this affair.
这件事情牵涉到两个以上的学生。
考考你(翻译):
1、他们在那次战役中俘获了一万多战俘和大量武器。
2、他拒绝考虑与好战分子交换囚犯。
3、让我们往回看,回到我们的能级图表,来看看我是否能使能级图表合理化些。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、I prefer to think of peace not war.
2、The kids' views on life don't always coincide, but they're not afraid of voicing their opinions.
3、He indulges his son with plenty of pocket money.

分享到
重点单词
  • exchangen. 交换,兑换,交易所 v. 交换,兑换,交易
  • protestn. 抗议,反对,声明 v. 抗议,反对,申明
  • convincingadj. 使人信服的,有力的,令人心悦诚服的 vbl.
  • rationalizevt. 使合理化,合理地说明,[数]给 ... 消根
  • concernedadj. 担忧的,关心的
  • ceremonyn. 典礼,仪式,礼节,礼仪
  • controlledadj. 受约束的;克制的;受控制的 v. 控制;指挥;
  • blueprintn. 蓝图,设计图,(周详的)计划 v. 制成蓝图,计划
  • coincidevi. 同时发生,符合,一致