电影《一个美国新娘的自白》精讲第1期:梦想支撑着我
日期:2014-06-25 17:36

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文

Trick or treat. Hi.
不请客就捣乱 没问题
Maybe it's because, in life
或者是因为, 在我生命里
as much as you want the nougat and caramel deliciousness of candy
就像我渴望吃到奶油杏仁糖
Oh, hold on.
噢, 来吧
sometimes, you get stuck with the apple.
有时候得到的却是苹果
But your wedding day will be perfect.
但我的婚礼会是完美的
And the dream of that perfection sustains you
那些完美的梦想支撑着我
through all of the crappy Halloweens life tosses your way.
不觉得万圣节前夜无聊
All women, no matter how enlightened
所有女人, 无论文化高低
know exactly what their day will look like.
都会准确的知道 那天将会怎样过
And while looking back at what I once saw as romance
想起20岁时所看到的
might make me shake my head
令人陶醉的浪漫一刻
by my 20s, I knew just what I wanted:
就知道自己所需要的是:
A church wedding
教堂里的婚礼
and an outdoor reception that would make the cover of Town & Country.
还有举国上下的欢庆
All that was left was one tiny detail: The groom.
现在只差一点点就可以实现梦想: 找到我的新郎
I dated a lot, and I mean a lot.
我经常约会, 没错是经常
Not in a slutty way
但我没有滥交
but in an if-you-want-prince-charming- he's-not-gonna-find-you
只是要想得到王子的青睐
you're-gonna-find-him kind of way.
也要找到王子才行啊
That's my floor. Sorry. Good morning.
我到了, 对不起 早上好
Yes, the offices of Barrett & Sussman Advertising
这就是Barrett & Sussman 广告公司的办公室

重点讲解
重点单词
1、deliciousness
n. 美味;怡人;芬芳
From the look of things they did a pretty good job, and I must say it ranks high on a scale of deliciousness.
从这些小玩意的样子来看,他们做得的确不错,而且我不得不说,在美味程度上也表现不俗。
2、reception
n. 接待;接收;招待会;感受;反应
At the reception they served smoked salmon.
在招待会上,他们端上了熏三文鱼。
3、crappy
adj. 蹩脚的;糟糕的;没价值的
Some crappy Secret Santa thing, a bowl of punch, and a box of Archway cookies and they call it a holiday bash?
只不过一些蹩脚的秘圣诞老人啦,一大杯果酒啦,和一盒阿克唯饼干啦,他们就叫这是节日庆典了?
4、enlighten
vt. 启发,启蒙;教导,开导;照耀
A few dedicated doctors have fought for years to enlighten the profession.
少数富有献身精神的医生为启蒙这一行业而奋斗多年。
重点短语:
1、get stuck with
陷入困境
被难住
No one will get stuck with more work if we quickly find a replacement! Now, help me outline the requirements for a job ad.
如果我们能尽快找到替补人选。工作量就不会增加!现在帮我想想这个招聘广告里要写哪些工作要求把。
考考你(翻译):
1、让他开辆车到接待处附近来。
2、对这个问题你能启发启发她吗?
3、我和我的妹妹不得不承担他们剩余的债务吗?
答案下期公布:

分享到
重点单词
  • replacementn. 更换,接替者
  • candyn. 糖果 vt. 用糖煮,使结晶为砂糖 vi. 结晶为
  • enlightenv. 授与 ... 知识,启发,启蒙
  • groomn. 马夫,新郎,男仆 vt. 刷洗,照看马,打扮,有意
  • scalen. 鳞,刻度,衡量,数值范围 v. 依比例决定,攀登
  • dedicatedadj. 专注的,献身的,专用的
  • perfectionn. 完美,完善
  • bowln. 碗,碗状物,季后赛,圆形露天剧场 v. 打保龄球,
  • outlinen. 轮廓,大纲 vt. 概述,画出轮廓
  • punchn. 打洞器,钻孔机,殴打 n. (酒、水、糖等制成的)