《盗梦空间》视听讲解第77期:毕生心血
日期:2013-01-13 10:26

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


The kidnappers are working for you?
绑匪是你安排的?  
Robert.
罗伯特。  
You're trying to get that safe open? To get the alternate will?
你想打开保险箱,拿另一份遗嘱?  
Fischer Morrow has been my entire life.
费舍尔公司是我毕生心血。  
I can't let you destroy it.
我不能让它毁在你手上。  
I'm not gonna throw away my inheritance, why would I?
我怎么会把遗产置之不理,我干嘛要那么做。  
I couldn't let you rise to your father's last taunt.
我不能让你听到你父亲临终前的讽刺。  
What taunt? The will, Robert. That will?
什么讽刺?遗嘱,罗伯特,那份遗嘱。  
That's his last insult.
那是他对你最后的羞辱。  
A challenge for you to build something for yourself...
他不相信你会有自己的事业。  
...by telling you you're not worthy of his accomplishments.
他说你配不上拥有他的成就。
What, but that he was, um, disappointed? I'm sorry.
他对我很失望吗?对不起。  
But he's wrong.
但他错了。  
You can build a better company than he ever did.
你完全可以比他做得更好。  
Mr. Fischer? He's lying.
费舍尔先生,他在撒谎。  
How do you know? Trust me, it's what l do.
你怎么知道? 相信我,我做这行的。  
He's hiding something, and we need to find out what that is.
他在隐瞒什么事情,我们要找出来。  
I need you to do the same thing to him that he was going to do to you.
在他对你下手之前,我们先对他下手。  
We'll enter his subconscious
我们进入他的潜意识。  
and find out what he doesn't want you to know.
找到他不想让你知道的秘密。

妙语佳句
1.alternate
vi. 交替;轮流
vt. 使交替;使轮流
adj. 交替的;轮流的
n. 替换物
The two patterns alternate over periods of two to seven years in the tropical Pacific.
在热带的太平洋地区,这两种现象的交替周期超过了两到七年。
2.inheritance
n. 继承;遗传;遗产
His unworthy son was disentitled the right of inheritance.
他的不孝之子被剥夺了遗产继承权。
3.be worthy of
值得;配得上的
It is up to us to be worthy of their sacrifice in the decisions we make, the priorities we set, the support we provide to troops, veterans and their families.
他们的牺牲是否值得取决于我们的抉择,我们制定的工作重点,以及我们为军队、退伍军人以及他们的家庭所提供的支持。
4.find out
v. 找出,查明;发现,揭发
With these functions, we can find out everything about the trigger or its context.
通过这些函数,我们可以查明关于触发器及其上下文的所有信息。
考考你
翻译
1.我不能让你听到你父亲临终前的讽刺。  
2.我要你在他对你下手之前,我们先对他下手。  
上期答案
1.I was giving arms dealers a bad name. 
2.Ukraine wasn't the only former state with an unpaid army and stockpiles of guns.

分享到
重点单词
  • insultvt. 侮辱,凌辱,辱骂 n. 侮辱,辱骂
  • unworthyadj. 无价值的,没有优点的 adj. 不值得的;不应
  • pacificn. 太平洋 adj. 太平洋的 pacific adj
  • challengen. 挑战 v. 向 ... 挑战
  • contextn. 上下文,环境,背景
  • alternateadj. 交替的,轮流的,间隔的 v. 交替,轮流
  • sacrificen. 牺牲,供俸,祭品 vt. 牺牲,祭祀,贱卖 vi.
  • tropicaladj. 热带的,炎热的,热带植物的
  • disappointedadj. 失望的
  • tauntn. 辱骂,嘲弄 v. 嘲弄