《盗梦空间》视听讲解第25期:操纵人们的内心
日期:2012-09-10 20:44

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

You never did like your office, did you?
你一直都不喜欢你的办公室,是不是?
No space to think in that broom cupboard.
在那个耗子洞里没法思考。
Is it safe for you to be here?
你来这里安全吗?
Extradition between France and the United States...
从法国被引渡回美国。
is a bureaucratic nightmare, you know that.
是一场政治恶梦,你知道的。
I think they might find a way to make it work in your case.
我觉得以你,他们会想出办法的。
Look, I, uh, brought these for you
你看,我买了这些。
to give to the kids when you have a chance.
有机会就送给孩子们。
It'll take more than the occasional stuffed animal...
偶尔几只毛绒玩具。
to convince those children they still have a father.
不足以让他们感觉还有父亲。
I'm just doing what I know. I'm doing what you taught me.
我只是照我知道的,照你教我的去做。
I never taught you to be a thief.
我从没教你去当贼。
No, you taught me to navigate people's minds.
不,你教我如何操纵人们的内心。
But after what happened...
但事发之后。
there weren't a whole lot of legitimate ways for me to use that skill.
并没有多少合法手段让我施展这项技能。
What are you doing here, Dom?
你到底想干什么,多姆?
I think I found a way home.
我找到办法可以回家了。
It's a job for some very, very powerful people.
为某个强权人物做事。
People who I believe can fix my charges permanently.
我相信他能永久地撤消对我的指控。
But I need your help.
但我要你帮忙。
You're here to corrupt one of my brightest and best.
你要来带坏我最有前途,最好的学生。
You know what I'm offering. Let them decide for themselves.
你知道我开出的条件,让他们自己选择吧。
Money. Not just money.
钱,不仅仅是钱。
You remember.
你记得的。
It's the chance to build cathedrals, entire cities...
让你有机会建造教堂,整座城市。
things that never existed...
从未存在过的东西。
things that couldn't exist in the real world.
在现实生活中不会存在的东西。
So you want me to let someone else follow you into your fantasy?
你是想让我找别人去追随你的幻想?
They don't actually come into the dream.
他们不必真正入梦。
They just design the levels and teach them to the dreamers. That's all.
他们只要设计梦境,再教给做梦者,这就行了。
Design it yourself.
那你自己设计。
妙语佳句
1.broom
n. 扫帚;金雀花
vt. 扫除
vi. 桩顶开花或开裂
We calmed down and then we cleaned the room with a broom, a mop and a bucket.
我们冷静下来,然后我们用一支扫把、一支拖把和一只水桶来打扫房间。
2.extradition
n. 引渡;亡命者送还本国
His lawyers argue that extradition arrangements between Britain and the US are imbalanced.
他的律师认为英国与美国之间的引渡安排是不对等的。
3.bureaucratic
官僚的;官僚政治的
But the months of bureaucratic delay bothered him, not only for the sake of his clients and their case, but for the cops who had come after him.
但是数月的官僚耽搁着实让他烦恼,问题不只是在委托人和案件本身,还有那些整天跟他玩捉迷藏的小偷小摸。
4.stuffed animal
填充玩具动物;毛绒玩具
As he laid in his hospital bed, we shared old stories like the time he fell asleep on our couch with my favorite stuffed animal.
他躺在医院的病床上,我们又共同聊起那些岁月尘封的往事。 我小时候怀抱心爱的动物标本听他给我讲故事,而他却不知不觉在我的小床上睡着了。
5.navigate people's minds
操纵人们的潜意识
navigate
vt. 驾驶,操纵;使通过;航行于
vi. 航行,航空
Larger ships will be able to navigate the river after the main channel is deepened.
主要河床被挖深后,较大船舶将能航行于此河流。
考考你
翻译
1.在那个耗子洞里没法思考。
2.你是想让我找别人去追随你的幻想?
上期答案
1.His son will soon inherit control of the corporation.
2.How do I know you can deliver?

分享到
重点单词
  • corporationn. 公司,法人,集团
  • nightmaren. 恶梦,使人极其痛苦的事情或经历,梦魇
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • channeln. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法 vt. 引导
  • delayv. 耽搁,推迟,延误 n. 耽搁,推迟,延期
  • bucketn. 水桶 vt. 装在桶里 vi. 急急忙忙
  • navigatevi. 航行,驾驶,操纵 vt. 航行,驾驶
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • convincevt. 使确信,使信服,说服
  • inheritv. 继承,遗传