他其实没那么喜欢你(MP3+中英字幕) 第93期:找个好男人为什么难
日期:2016-04-21 09:18

(单词翻译:单击)

Here's Why This One is Hard, by Liz

找个好男人为什么就这么难——莉兹

I've been implying this in my "Here's Why This One Is Hard" responses, but now I'm just going to right out with it.

我在“找个好男人为什么就这么难”有暗示过回答,但是现在我打算明说。

There aren't that many good men around.

我们身边没有那么多好男人。

Statistics prove it, articles and books have been written to verify it, and women would be happy to testify under oath about it.

有数据证明,文章和书籍也有证实,女人很喜欢发誓证实这一点。

And here's another one: There are more good women out there than good men.

还有另外一种情况:好女人比好男人多。

I bet you've heard or said that one before.

我打赌你之前有听过或者说个这个。

找个好男人为什么难.jpg

Oh, wait, there's this one as well: A lot of men want to date much younger women, so as you get older, there are even fewer men that want to date you.

好吧,等等,还有一个这样的说法:很多男人想和年轻的的女人约会,所以当你变老了,你想要约会的男人越来越少了。

So let's have Greg come over to our house with a little pocket calculator and tell us how, given the pure math of it, we're all going to end up with great men who love us and whom we love back, where there's a passionate mutual attraction, who also treat us like queens.

所以让格雷格带上袖珍计算器到我们家来,如果以纯数学方式考究,让他告诉我们应该怎样和相爱的、深深相互吸引的,待自己如皇后的人分手。

Exactly. It can't happen.

当然,这是不可能发生的。

So yes, it seems logical, reasonable, and down right savvy for all the fantastic, smart, healthy, funny, kind women out there to start thinking about lowering their expectations.

没错,这看起来合情合理,似乎让所有爱幻想、聪明、健康、有趣和友善的女人降低她们的期望是很明智的。

Because I don't know about you, but I hate being single.

因为我不了解你,但是我不想单身。

I hate going to parties alone.

我不喜欢独自去参加聚会。

I hate sleeping alone. I hate waking up alone.

我不喜欢独自安眠和起身。

I hate knowing that every single boring errand I have to do, I'm going to do alone.

我不想得知我得独自去做每一件枯燥的差事。

I hate not having sex.

我讨厌没有性生活。

I hate cooking for one and shopping for one.

我不喜欢独自用餐、逛街。

I hate going to weddings.

我不喜欢参加婚礼。

I hate people asking me why I'm still single.

我不喜欢别人问我为什么我还单身。

I hate people not asking me why I'm still single.

我不喜欢别人不问我为什么我还单身。

I hate my birthday because I'm still single.

我不喜欢过生日,因为我还单身。

I hate having to think about possibly becoming a single mother because I'm single. Have I made myself clear?

我不想去考虑成为单亲妈妈的可能性,因为我还单身。我说清楚了吗?

Obviously, I don't think people should go out with someone who is abusive to them.

显然,我认为人们不应该和对他们虐待的人约会。

But there are subtle degrees of abuse.

但是虐待有细微的程度之分。

There are many shades of Mr. Wrong.

总是有那么多错误的人在身边。

And these guys that we're talking about?

那些我们谈论的家伙呢?

They're not just assholes.

他们不仅是混蛋。

They can be nice sometimes, too.

他们有时候也不错。

And there are many days when I personally think it's better to be with someone who your friends might hate but will help you carry in the groceries, than be alone.

有好几日我会想和你朋友不喜欢的,但是和会帮助你在杂货店搭把手的人一起,也比一个人好。

So I said it. This one is very hard for me.

所以我说。这个对我来说太难了。

It's so hard for me that I think Greg has to take over. It's too difficult.

对我来说很难,所以要格雷格来解释。真的太难了。

I am deeply pragmatic, so given the sheer statistics, I don't have a clue on what to say.

我是非常务实的,所以如果没有绝对的数据,我对要说的没有一点头绪。

I know we have to love ourselves and think we deserve happiness and be optimistic.

我知道我们要爱自己,觉得我们应该过得快乐、积极向上。

I also think it sucks to be single.

而且我认为单身是一件很挫的事情。

Greg, are you really telling us that we should just stay single and picky and not settle (and thus not settle down) until we have met the person we think is the one?

格雷格,你真的是在告诉我们就这样保持挑剔和单身的状态吧,不用去解决(因此也就没有解决),直到我们遇到觉得对的人吗?

It's really lonely out there. You take this one. I don't have a clue.

这样真的很孤单。你来回答这个疑问。我没点头绪。

分享到
重点单词
  • pragmaticadj. 实际的,实用主义的
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • sheeradj. 纯粹的,全然的,陡峭的 adv. 完全地,峻峭
  • testifyv. 证明,作证,声明
  • boringadj. 令人厌烦的
  • logicaladj. 符合逻辑的,逻辑上的,有推理能力的
  • settlev. 安顿,解决,定居 n. 有背的长凳
  • abusen. 滥用,恶习 vt. 滥用,辱骂,虐待
  • fantasticadj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的
  • verifyvt. 查证,核实