他其实没那么喜欢你(MP3+中英字幕) 第72期:男人玩消失
日期:2016-02-29 17:03

(单词翻译:单击)

Chapter 9

第9章

He's Just Not That Into You If He's Disappeared on You

如果他玩消失那他一定没那么喜欢你

Sometimes You Have to Get Closure All by Yourself

有时候你要全靠自己来结束它

He's gone. Poof. Vanished into thin air. Well, there's no mixed message here.

他离开了。呼的一下消失的无影无踪。这里可没有模糊的信息了。

He's made it clear that he's so not into you that he couldn't even bother to leave you a Post-it.

他很清楚的表明了自己很不喜欢你以至于连个便利贴都没给你留。

This time you may not be so quick to make excuses for his behavior.

这次你也许没办法快速给他的行为找借口了。

It's so painful, it's impossible not to be hurt or angry.

这太痛苦了,不可能不受到伤害,感到生气。

男人玩消失.jpg

But because of that, you might be tempted to make some excuses for yourself.

但是正因如此,你也许应该为自己找找借口。

You have good reason to want to spend a lot of energy solving the Mystery of the Disappearing Man.

你有足够的理由想花大力气去解开这个“消失的男人之谜”。

But all those excuses, however valid they are, will not help you in the long run.

但是所有的这些借口,不管有多正当,在长远来说对你而言是无益的。

Because the only part of that story that's important to remember is that he didn't want to be with you anymore.

因为这件事中唯一重要的部分就是记住他再也不想跟在一起这一点。

And he didn't have the guts to tell you that to your face. Case closed.

而且他没有勇气面对面的告诉你。结案。

The "Maybe He's Dead" Excuse

“也许他死了”的借口

Dear Greg,

亲爱的格雷格,

I had a brief fling with a really cute French guy.

我和一个魅力四射的法国人一夜风流。

It was really fun, but it also felt like maybe it could be more than that.

那真的很有趣,但是我觉得也许可以更进一步。

He went back to France and we started e-mailing each other.

他回到了法国,我们开始互发邮件。

It was really sweet and romantic.

这真的很甜蜜浪漫。

All of a sudden, after one of my e-mails, he stopped writing. It's been two weeks.

突然之间,在我发了一封邮件之后,他不回复我了,迄今已有两周。

Greg, maybe something happened to him.

格雷格,也许他发生了什么事。

Maybe he didn't get my last e-mail. Maybe I wrote something that upset him.

也许他没有收到我最后一封邮件。也许是因为我写了什么惹他生气了。

I hate thinking that I will never ever hear from him again. That's so harsh.

我不愿去想再也听不到他的消息了。这太残酷了。

Can't I write him again, just to make one more attempt to connect with him?

我可以再给他写邮件么,就再试一次联系他?

Signed Nora

娜拉

Dear Freedom Fry,

亲爱的自由薯条,

Yes, you can e-mail him if you want to give him the opportunity to reject you one more time.

是的,你可以给他发邮件,如果你想给他一个再次拒绝你的机会的话。

Could he have gotten run over by a pommes frites truck and is in the hospital and that's why he disappeared? Yes.

他可不可能是被一辆炸薯条卡车撞了现在在医院,所以消失了?可能。

But I have to say, the law of averages says that it's more likely he met someone or realized that the long distance thing wasn't for him, or that you simply may not the be the American girl of his dreams.

但是我必须说,常规告诉我说他更可能是认识了别人,或者意识到自己不喜欢异地恋,又或只是你并非他梦中的美国女孩儿。

If you want to write him and ask him again to close the door in your face, for the one in a million chance his phone died and his e- mail crashed, and he lost all your contact information, be my guest.

如果你执意要再次给他写邮件让他拒绝你,有万分之一的机会他的手机死机了,邮件奔溃了,然后他丢失了你所有的联系方式,请便。

Just don't say I didn't warn you.

别说我没警告你。

XOXO, Greg

亲亲抱抱,格雷格

分享到
重点单词
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • romanticadj. 浪漫的 n. 浪漫的人
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱
  • harshadj. 粗糙的,使人不舒服的,刺耳的,严厉的,大约的
  • mysteryn. 神秘,秘密,奥秘,神秘的人或事物
  • botherv. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心 n. 烦扰,麻烦,焦急