电影随身听附讲解:《落跑新娘》(11) 玛琪与艾克谈论求婚方式
日期:2012-07-13 10:41

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

He proposed at a butterfly farm in Saint Thomas.
他在养蝶场向我求婚
The ring was inside a cocoon.
戒指用卵囊包住
Ahh. A little too Silence of the Lambs for my taste, but—
手法太像沉默的羔羊,我吃不消
Well, he’s an entomologist.
佐治是昆虫专家
I thought it was very unique.
这一枚才与众不同
And finally, Bob. - Mmm.
最后是波比送的了
He proposed during the seventh inning stretch... at an Oriole game.
他在棒球大赛第七局时向我求婚
Wait, wait. Wait, don’t tell me.
别,让我猜一猜
The scoreboard lit up with
当时计分牌闪出这六个字
"Marry me, Maggie."
“美姬,嫁给我吧!”
It was one of the most wonderful moments of my life.
真是我毕生最奇妙的一刻
Highly suspect.
我早知道了,事有可疑
What do you mean? It was incredibly romantic.
你说什么?这种手法浪漫得很
Look, maybe it’s just me, but...
可能只有我才觉得事有可疑
if you gotta dress it up like that,
如果要用到这种手段
it just doesn’t ring true.
那就欠缺诚意了
You know, l, I think the most... that anybody can honestly say is:
我认为顶多只能这样子坦白说
"Look, I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee...
“我肯定将来会有不如意的时候”
"at some point one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing.
“我肯定我俩其中一个想分手”
"But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine,
“但我肯定如果不向你求婚”
"I'll regret it the rest of my life.
“我会遗憾终生!”
"Because I know in my heart...
“因为我很清楚在我心坎里”
you're the only one for me."
“只有你的存在!”
I like it.
我喜欢你这种求婚讲法

重点解释
妙语佳句:
cocoon:卵囊的意思。
拓展:cocoon还有茧状包裹物,保护层的意思。做动词时保护某人的意思。
例如:He stood there in a cocoon of golden light.
他站在那儿,一柱金光笼罩着他。
You cannot live in a cocoon and overlook these facts.
你不能自己缩在套子里而忽略这些事实。
The playwright cocooned himself in a world of pretence.
这个剧作家与世隔绝,生活在一个虚幻的世界里。

entomologist:昆虫专家
例如:a research entomologist.
研究型昆虫学家

guarantee:肯定,保证的意思。
例如:a man whose fame guarantees that his calls will nearly always be returned.
其名望能确保他的呼吁几乎总能得到回应的人
Most states guarantee the right to free and adequate education.
大多数州都保障人们免费享受充分教育的权利。

regret:遗憾
例如:I simply gave in to him, and I've regretted it ever since.
我就向他屈服了,从那以后我一直后悔。


剧情百科常识:


1990年,小荷才露尖尖角的朱莉亚·罗伯茨出演了《漂亮女人》中的风尘女郎维维安,这位漂亮的女郎和著名的俊男理查·基尔相互辉映,使影片赢得了当年的票房冠军。十年来,两人合作的呼声一直很高,却又无缘“相伴相随”。此次,《逃跑的新 娘》聚集了《漂亮女人》的导演加里·马歇尔、红透半边天的朱莉亚-罗伯茨和依旧风度翩翩的理查-基尔、著名女星琼-库萨克,影片依旧延续了《我爱麻烦》、《我最好 朋友的婚礼》的。理察·基尔和朱丽亚·罗伯茨继《风月俏佳人》后再度合作,为大家贡献上这部毫无创意的浪漫喜剧。当然影片要加上一些谁都能想得到的波澜曲折。

考考你:
如果出了问题,根本无处可躲,没有哪个机构会庇护你,让你免受指责。
我们保证你们会找到自己的交际圈。
埃利斯好像后悔问了这个问题。

答案下期公布

上一期的答案
It was George who first proposed that we dry clothes in that locker.
You are messing with people's religion and they don't like that.
I hate the shotgun cases, A real pain in the ass.

分享到
重点单词
  • overlookvt. 俯瞰,远眺,没注意到,忽视 n. 高出
  • stretchn. 伸展,张开 adj. 可伸缩的 v. 伸展,张开,
  • playwrightn. 剧作家
  • suspectn. 嫌疑犯 adj. 令人怀疑的,不可信的 v. 怀疑
  • saintn. 圣人,圣徒 vt. 把 ... 封为圣人
  • uniqueadj. 独一无二的,独特的,稀罕的
  • adequateadj. 足够的,适当的,能胜任的
  • romanticadj. 浪漫的 n. 浪漫的人
  • cocoonn. 茧,茧状物, vt. 包围,包裹
  • guaranteen. 保证,保证书,担保,担保人,抵押品 vt. 保证,