小王子(MP3+中英字幕) 第35期:留恋这颗星
日期:2016-03-29 17:23

(单词翻译:单击)

The little prince went on with his explanation,
小王子接着说,
Your planet is so small that three strides will take you all the way around it.
你的这颗行星这样小,你三步就可以绕它一圈。
To be always in the sunshine, you need only walk along rather slowly.
你只要慢慢地走,就可以一直在太阳的照耀下,
When you want to rest, you will walk,and the day will last as long as you like.
你想休息的时候,你就这样走,那么,你要白天又多长它就有多长。
"That doesn't do me much good," said the lamplighter.
“这办法帮不了我多打忙。”点灯人说。
The one thing I love in life is to sleep.
“生活中我喜欢的就是睡觉。”
"Then you're unlucky," said the little prince.
“真不走运。”小王子说。

The-Little-Prince-5.jpg

"I am unlucky," said the lamplighter. "Good morning." And he put out his lamp.
“真不走运。”点灯人说。“早上好。”于是他又熄灭了路灯。
"That man," said the little prince to himself, as he continued farther on his journey,
小王子在他继续往前旅行的途中,自言自语地说道:
that man would be scorned by all the others: by the king, by the conceited man, by the tippler, by the businessman.
这个人一定会被其他那些人,国王呀,爱虚荣的呀,酒鬼呀,实业家呀,所瞧不起。
Nevertheless he is the only one of them all who does not seem to me ridiculous.
可是唯有他不使我感到荒唐可笑。
Perhaps that is because he is thinking of something else besides himself.
这可能是因为他所关心的是别的事,而不是他自己。
He breathed a sigh of regret, and said to himself, again,
他惋惜地叹了口气,并且又对自己说道:
That man is the only one of them all whom I could have made my friend.
本来这是我唯一可以和他交成朋友的人。
But his planet is indeed too small. There is no room on it for two people.
可是他的星球确实太小了,住不下两个人。
What the little prince did not dare confess was that he was sorry most of all to leave this planet,
小王子没有勇气承认的是:他留恋这颗令人赞美的星星,
because it was blest every day with 1440 sun sets!
特别是因为在那里每二十四小时就有一千四百四十次日落!

分享到
重点单词
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • planetn. 行星
  • confessv. 承认,告白,忏悔
  • explanationn. 解释,说明
  • neverthelessadv. 仍然,不过 conj. 然而,不过
  • conceitedadj. 自负的,幻想的