小王子(MP3+中英字幕) 第32期:了不起的正经事
日期:2016-03-22 19:07

(单词翻译:单击)

The little prince was still not satisfied.

小王子仍然还不满足,

"If I owned a silk scarf," he said,

他说,对我来说,如果我有一条围巾,

I could put it around my neck and takeit away with me.

我可以用它来围着我的脖子,并且能带走它。

If I owned a flower, I could pluck that flower and take it away with me.

我有一朵花的话,我就可以摘下我的花,并且把它带走。

But you cannot pluck the stars from heaven.

可你却不能摘下这些星星呀!

No. But I can put them in the bank.

我不能摘,但我可以把它们存在银行里。

Whatever does that mean?

这是什么意思呢?

That means that I write the number of my stars on a little paper.

这就是说,我把星星的数目写在一片小纸头上,

And then I put this paper in a drawer and lock it with a key.

然后把这片纸头锁在一个抽屉里。

And that is all?

这就算完事了吗?

"That is enough," said the businessman.

“这样就行了。”商人说。

little prince.jpg

"It is entertaining," thought the little prince. "It is rather poetic. But it is of no great consequence."

小王子想道:“真好玩。这倒蛮有诗意,可是,并不算是了不起的正经事。”

On matters of consequence, the little prince had ideas which were very different from those of the grown-ups.

关于什么是正经事,小王子的看法和大人们的看法非常不同。

I myself own a flower, he continued his conversation with the businessman, which I water every day.

我有一朵花,我每天都给她浇水。

I own three volcanoes, which I clean out every week (for I also clean out the one that is extinct; one never knows.

我还有三座火山,我每星期把它们全都打扫一遍。连死火山也打扫。谁知道它会不会再复活。

It is of some use to my volcanoes, and it is of some use to my flower, that I own them.

我拥有火山和花,这对我的火山有益处,对我的花也有益处。

But you are of no use to the stars...

但是你对星星并没有用处…

The businessman opened his mouth, but he found nothing to say in answer.

实业家张口结舌无言以对。

And the little prince went away.

于是小王子就走了。

"The grown-ups are certainly altogether extraordinary," he said simply, talking to himself as he continued on his journey.

在旅途中,小王子只是自言自语地说了一句:“这些大人们真是奇怪极了。”

分享到
重点单词
  • extraordinaryadj. 非凡的,特别的,特派的
  • scarfn. 围巾
  • pluckn. 勇气,猛拉,动物内脏 v. 摘,猛拉,拔
  • extinctadj. 灭绝的,熄灭的,耗尽的
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • drawern. 抽屉,拖曳者,制图员,开票人 (复)drawers
  • consequencen. 结果,后果
  • entertainingadj. 引起乐趣的,娱乐性的,令人愉快的 n. 招待,