电影《青春舞会皇后》精讲第43期:你还想更有趣?
日期:2015-01-19 19:50

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文
QQ截图20141125183324.png

are finally beginning to emerge.

正一步步地浮现

Why did you lie?

你为什么撒谎?

I didn't lie.

我没说谎

My father does live on Bleecker Street.

我的爸爸真的住在布里克大街

And he has a rent-controlled apartment and a dog named Negus.

他有一套房租管制的公寓 还有一只名叫尼格斯的狗

You told me your father died in a motorcycle accident.

但是你告诉我你爸爸在一场 车祸中死去了

So I exaggerated a little.

我说的是有些夸张?

A little?

有些?

Exaggerating a little is saying you're a little taller.

有些夸张是指你有些高

Saying your father is dead when he's not

告诉我你爸爸死了而实际上没有

is lying beyond comprehension.

不用说这也叫撒谎

We should tell Stu what happened first.

我们先跟斯图解释一下

Can we talk about this later?

我们可以以后再讨论这些事情吗?

Why did you say your father was dead?

你为什么说你爸爸死了

You should tell me what happened.

你应该先向我解释一下

He died?

他死了吗?

When?

什么时候?

I had a reason.

我是有原因的

And what was that?

那又是为什么?

The truth?

你要我说真话吗?

Yes, the truth!

快,告诉我真相!

You do remember what that is, don't you?

你应该还记得是怎么回事吧 不是吗?

No, a lie will do.

不,反正你总是满口胡言

Were we in a diner?

我们是在用餐吗?

I have an image of "Merry Xmas.

" 我脑中有过圣诞节的景象

Right now I'm talking to her.

现在我正和她说话

Just give me a moment. I'd be happy to explain.

你先等一会儿 等一下我就会跟你解释的

All right. The total truth.

好吧,所有的真相全告诉你

I lied because I wanted to make myself seem more interesting.

我说谎是因为我想让自己 活得更有趣一些

More interesting?

更有趣?

We are 1,000 miles from home in a New York police station

我们被抓到这个离家有十万八千里 的警察局里

with a drunken rock star waiting for your dead father to show up.

身边还带着一个喝得烂醉如泥的摇滚歌星 等着你死去的爸爸出现

You want to be more interesting? More interesting than what?

你还想更有趣? 比什么更有趣?

重点讲解

重点单词:

1、emerge

vi. 浮现;摆脱;暴露

Richard was waiting outside the door as she emerged.

当她出现的时候,理查德正等候在门外。

2、apartment

n. 公寓;房间

Christina has her own apartment, with her own car.

克里斯蒂娜有她自己的公寓,有自己的车。

3、explain

v. 说明;解释

Not every judge, however, has the ability to explain the law in simple terms.

然而,并非每个法官都能用浅易的话来解释法律。

4、image

n. 影像;想象;肖像;偶像

vt. 想象;反映;象征;作…的像

The image of art theft as a gentleman's crime is outdated.

艺术品盗窃是绅士犯罪这一观念已经过时了。

重点短语:

1、wait for

等候

Please wait dinner for mother.

请等妈妈来吃晚饭。

考考你(翻译):

1、有越来越多的迹象表明经济将最终摆脱萧条。

2、我们从学校租到了一套公寓住房。

3、在你的律师向你解释该合同之前什么也别签。

答案下期公布:

上期答案:

1、The man had genius and had made his mark in the aviation world.

2、He's a jolly soul.

3、A hospital administrator has resigned over claims he lied to get the job.


分享到
重点单词
  • administratorn. 管理人,行政官
  • outdatedadj. 旧式的,落伍的,过时的
  • exaggeratedadj. 言过其辞的,夸大的 动词exaggerate的
  • resignedadj. 认命的,顺从的,听任的 动词resign的过去
  • emergevi. 浮现,(由某种状态)脱出,(事实)显现出来
  • geniusn. 天才,天赋