电影《当风吹起的时候》精讲第44期:可怕的核武器
日期:2014-04-28 20:14

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文


Any ketchup, dear?
要番茄酱吗,亲爱的?
I expect the quantity is similar either way.
我希望每天的分量差不多。
Are all the bangs about the same size, then?
所有的轰炸都是一样的规模吗?
Oh, no! There's one megaton,
哦,不是!有的轰炸是百万吨级(核武器威力的计算单位),
and 10 megaton, an' that.
有的是千万吨级。
It's er... just a question of how big a bang you want to make
呃..取决于你想制造多大的爆炸
and how many... people you want to kill.
和杀死多少人。
More baked beans, dear?
再来点烤豆子,亲爱的?
No, thanks. I'm a bit off food.
不用了,谢谢,我不太想吃。
Then there's the er...overkill, see?
呃..看到了吗,核武器有着过度的杀伤威力。
That's where they kill more people than they really need to.
使用核武器将使更多无辜的人遭殃。
Say you want a bang big enough to kill one million people,
如果说你制造一场轰炸,只想夺走百万民众的生命,
and you go and use a three-million-people bang.
一声巨响之后,你会杀死三百万人。
It's terrifically wasteful of energy, in the present economic climate.
在目前的经济环境下,这是一种可怕的破坏性能量。
I see, dear.
我懂了,亲爱的。
Yes, there's one thing about the present economic situation.
嗯,目前的经济状况下还有一件事。
I mean... - Such a shame we can't wash up.
我是指.. 我们不能洗澡,真是太脏了。
...in order to conserve world energy resources,
...为了保护世界的能源,
the powers that be will only use the smallest possible bang.
掌权者只会用最少的核能源来轰炸。
Oh, I can't bear it!
噢,我不能再忍受了!
I expect that's why we're still here.
我想知道为什么我们仍然滞留在这儿。
We're running out of crockery.
我们没有陶器了。
We could say we owe our lives to the world economic procession.
对于世界经济进程来说,我们仅仅拥有自己的生命而已。

重点讲解

重点单词
1、procession
n. 队伍,行列;一列,一排;列队行进
vi. 列队行进
vt. 沿著……行进
A group of girls led the parading procession.
一群女孩子们在游行队伍的前面。
2、conserve
vt. 保存;将…做成蜜饯;使守恒
n. 果酱;蜜饯
The factories have closed for the weekend to conserve energy.
这些工厂在那个周末关了厂以节省能源。
3、shame
n. 羞耻,羞愧;憾事,带来耻辱的人
vt. 使丢脸,使羞愧
She felt a deep sense of shame.
她深感羞耻。
4、terrifically
adv. 极端地;可怕地;非常地
For example, there are cultures in which women are terrifically ashamed if they don't have wooden plates in their lips or metal rings elongating their necks.
例如,有的文化下,女性如果在嘴唇上没有木片、在脖子上没有增长脖子的金属环则会感到受到奇耻大辱。
5、similar
adj. 相似的
n. 类似物
The accident was similar to one that happened in 1973.
这起事故跟1973年发生的那起相似。
考考你(翻译):
1、当队伍开始前进时小号发出刺耳的响声。
2、所以我们的身体需要盐、知道怎么去找到盐,也知道如何节约用盐。
3、我不想给家庭的声誉带来耻辱。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:

1、His face had become peculiarly expressionless.
2、It's not just a matter of principle.
3、Filthy water runs out of the pipe every day.<口>

分享到
重点单词
  • principlen. 原则,原理,主义,信念
  • conserven. 蜜饯,果酱 vt. 保存,与糖放在一起,保持
  • processionn. 队伍,行列 v. 列队行进
  • quantityn. 量,数量,大量
  • crockeryn. 陶器,瓦器