一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第152期:Keep One's Eyes Peeled
日期:2017-04-14 11:34

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a minute.
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目
This idiom sounds like it might be painful: Keep One's Eyes Peeled
这个习语听起来很疼:密切注视
What does that mean? Peel your eyes? Let's find out.
这是什么意思呢?剥你的眼睛?让我们看一看。
I'm looking for some new clothes for work.
我在找几件工作用的新衣服。
I need some coats and ties, but I don't have much money to spend.
我需要外套和领带,但是我钱不够。
I think there might be some good sales coming soon.
我觉得很快就有好货上市了。
I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I see anything good for you.
我会帮你留意的,如果有好的,我会告诉你。

密切注视

Keep your eyes peeled, means you are watching carefully for something, or someone.
'Keep your eyes peeled'意思是你会认真的看某人或某事。
You don't want to miss anything.
你不想错过任何东西。
To peel something means to pull back the outside cover, like peeling an orange.
剥某东西的意思是把外皮拉下来,比如剥一个橘子。
Of course, you are not really peeling back your eyelid, when you keep your eyes peeled.
当然,当你'Keep your eyes peeled'的时候,不是真的剥下你的眼皮。
And that's English in a minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!

分享到