一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第125期:Get off on the Wrong Foot
日期:2017-03-06 10:54

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
A lot of American English idioms refer to parts of the body. Get off on the wrong foot
许多美式英语习语都和身体的某些部分有关。一开始就不顺利
Are Anna and Jonathan having trouble learning a dance?
难道安娜和乔纳森跳舞遇到困难了吗?
How did it go meeting your girlfriend's family?
昨天和女朋友家人的见面怎么样呢?
Well...it was interesting. First, I was really late…
嗯……挺有意思的。首先,我迟到了……
Oh, Jonathan! Yeah. And then, at dinner, I spilled my water all over her mom.
啊,乔纳森!是的。然后吃晚餐时,我把水全洒在了她妈妈身上。

Get off on the Wrong Foot

Jonathan, it sounds like you got off on the wrong foot.
乔纳森,听起来你刚开始不是很顺利。
I haven't even gotten to the worst part…
我还没有说最糟糕的部分。
If you "get off on the wrong foot," you start something new in a bad way.
如果你“一开始就不顺利”,表示你以一种糟糕的方式开始某件事。
Sometimes it is because of a mistake you made.
有时也是因为你犯了错误。
You can also "get off on the right foot" if things go well at the start of a new project or relationship!
你也可以“一开始就很顺利”,如果某个新的项目或关系在开始就进展地很好!
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!

分享到