一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第158期:Put All Your Eggs in One Basket
日期:2017-04-24 12:14

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
On the Easter holiday, some American children search for painted eggs and put them in a basket.
在复活节假期,美国一些儿童会寻找彩蛋,然后把它们放在一个篮子里。
Put all your eggs in one basket
孤注一掷
Have you decided which business school to apply to?
你决定了申请哪所商学院了么?
I really, really want to go to Harvard Business School. So, I'm just applying to that one.
我特别、特别想去哈佛商学院。所以,我就申请这一所学校。
You are putting all your eggs in one basket.
你这是孤注一掷了啊。
Don't you think you should apply to more than one, just in case... In case what?
你不觉得应该再申请其他几个学校,以防...以防什么?
In case you don't get in?
以防你没有被录取?

孤注一掷

If you "put all your eggs in one basket", you put all of your resources in one place.
如果你“把所有的鸡蛋放到一个篮子里”,那就意味着你把所有的资源投入了一个地方。
If you do this, you risk losing everything.
当你这样做时,你就有失去一切的风险。
We usually use this as a warning: "Don't put all your eggs in one basket!"
我们通常用这句话做警示语:“不要把所有的鸡蛋放在同一个篮子里!”
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!

分享到