一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第13期:Keep Your Fingers Crossed 祈祷
日期:2013-12-25 10:05

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a Minute, where we teach you all about idioms in American English.

欢迎收听本期的《一分钟英语》,在这里我们将教授您一些美语中的俚语。

What do you think this means? Let's listen.
您知道这个俚语是什么意思么?一起来听听吧。
Keep my fingers crossed.
保持手指交叉。(Keep my fingers crossed)
Hey, How are you?
嘿,最近怎么样?
Hey, I am doing great. Actually, I just had a great job interview the other day.
嘿,我挺好的。事实上,前几天我参加了一个工作面试。
I really hope they hire me.
我真希望他们能够录取我。
Oh, have you heard back from them?
噢,你收到他们的回复了么?
No, not yet.
没呢,还没有收到。
But I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully they'll call me today.
但是我会向老天祈祷的。真希望他们今天就能给我答复。
They sound very hopeful, and that's exactly what it means.
听起来是在祈祷的感觉,这就是这个短语的意思。
In American English, keeping your fingers crossed means that you are hoping for the best possible outcome.
在美语中,保持手指交叉(Keep my fingers crossed)的意思是你在祈祷出现最可能的结果。
This is a happy expression, and you can use it in any situation -- formal an informal -- and everybody will understand what you mean.
这真是一个带有幸福感的表达,可以在任何场合使用正式场合啊、非正式场合都可以——大家都能明白你的意思。
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。

分享到
重点单词
  • outcomen. 结果,后果
  • interviewn. 接见,会见,面试,面谈 vt. 接见,采访,对 .
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • informaladj. 非正式的,不拘形式的