一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第78期:Wake-Up Call 提醒
日期:2016-12-19 11:38

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
We all have our own ways of waking up in the morning.
我们都有自己在早上醒来的方式。
But is this expression really about waking up in the morning? Wake-Up Call
但这个表达真的是在讲早上如何醒来吗?Wake-Up Call.

Wake-Up Call

I can't believe my roommate.
我真不敢相信我的室友。
Why? What's up?
为什么?发生了什么?
She buys everything with her credit card. She's already 20000 dollars in debt!
她买什么东西都刷信用卡。她已经负债20000美元了!
Ouch. Living off credit is a bad idea. She needs a wake-up call.
哎呦。靠信用卡生活真不是什么好主意。需要有人来提醒一下她。
A wake-up call is something that makes you wake up to a bad reality -- like a huge credit card bill!
wake-up call是指某物使身处糟糕处境的你幡然醒悟,比如巨额的信用卡账单。
But this expression can also mean an actual wake-up call at a hotel.
但这个表达还可以指酒店的叫醒服务。
Next time you travel, you can ask for a wake-up call.
下次你开始一段旅途时,可以要求叫醒服务。
Or, if a friend is not facing reality, you can give them a wake-up call.
或者,你的朋友并没有认清事实,你就可以提醒他们了。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。

分享到