一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第157期:Put Something on Hold 暂缓某事
日期:2017-04-21 11:47

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a minute.
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
This is a very common idiom, one you hear often in American English.
这是一个非常常见的习语,你在美语中经常可以听到。
Put Something on Hold. Let's listen.
暂缓某事。让我们一起来听一下。
Hey! How is your job search going? Have you decided where you want to move?
嘿,你的工作找的怎样了?你决定好去哪儿了么?
No. I have decided to put my search on hold.
没有。我已经决定暂缓寻找了。
I decided I had better finish getting my Master's degree at the university before I start looking for a new job.
我觉得最好先在大学中完成我的硕士学位,然后再开始找新工作。

暂缓某事

If you put something on hold, it means, you are not going to do it right away.
如果你暂缓某事,意思就是说你不会马上去做这件事。
You are going to wait before you act.
在你行动之前,你会稍微等一等。
You might also hear someone say this to you on the phone: Let me put you on hold.
你也可能会在人们打电话时听到这个习语:请暂时不要挂断。
This means: Wait, I will get back to you soon.
意思就是:稍等,我马上回来。
Also, you can put something on hold at a store, and they will keep it for you until you come back to buy it.
你也可以把某些东西暂时放在商店里,商店会为你保存,直到你回来。
And that's English in a minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!

分享到