一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第62期:On Pins and Needles 如坐针毡
日期:2016-11-24 12:03

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《英语一分钟》栏目!
Pins and needles are small, sharp, thin metal objects often used when sewing.
大头针和缝纫针,是细小、尖尖的的金属物,在缝纫中经常会用到。
But, what do you think it means when people say this? ON PINS AND NEEDLES
然而,你知道下面这个俗语的含义吗?人们经常会说到,ON PINS AND NEEDLES

On Pins and Needles 如坐针毡

Oh, hi! Hey, how did your audition go last weekend?
嗨! 你上周的试镜怎么样?
I think it went okay!
我觉得还不错!
But I won't hear back from the casting director until the middle of next week.
但是星探那边还没有回信。到下周才能知道结果。
Ugh! The waiting game is the worst.
哦!等待的感觉确实很糟糕。
You've got that right.
的确是这样的。
I'm going to be on pins and needles until I get that phone call.
我每天都坐立不安,直到等到电话通知才会安心。
If someone is on pins and needles, they are very nervous or anxious.
如果有人感觉像是坐在针上的话,他们通常会焦虑不安。
It is usually used to describe someone who is waiting to hear news about something really important to them.
这通常用来形容一个人,在焦急地等待某事的消息,这件事对他又非常重要。
It is hard to relax if you are "on pins and needles."
因此人们很难放松,尤其是在坐立不安的时候。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。

分享到