一分钟英语(MP3+双语字幕) 第95期:That Ship Has Sailed
日期:2017-01-16 13:24

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Sailing on a ship can be a fun way to travel.
乘船出游是旅行的一种有趣方式。
But are Jonathan and Anna talking about travel here? That Ship Has Sailed.
但是今天乔纳森和安娜谈论的话题与旅行有关吗?为时已晚
Hey, Jonathan. My friend Stella has changed her mind.
嗨,乔纳森。我朋友斯特拉改变主意了。
She would love to go out with your friend Rocky.
她愿意和你朋友洛基去约会了。
That was months ago! That ship has sailed.
那都是几个月前的事儿了!为时太晚了。

That Ship Has Sailed

What do you mean? There's always a chance for love!
你的意思是什么?永远有机会得到爱情!
Not this time. Rocky got married last week.
可惜不是这次。洛基上周结婚了。
Oh. You're right. That ship has sailed.
噢。你说的对。为时已晚。
When a ship sails it sets off on its trip.
船起航意味着它开始了某次航行旅程。
The expression "that ship has sailed" means your chance to do something has passed.
这个短语表示你丢掉了做某件事的机会。
Now, if you don't like boating to get seasick, you can also say "that train has left the station."
如果你不喜欢划船,或者你晕船了,你也可以说"为时已晚了"。
They both mean the same thing—you are too late!
这两个短语表示相同的含义,即为时已晚!
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》!

分享到