《荒野求生》之跟着贝尔去冒险第444期:恐惧感和弱点
日期:2017-05-11 11:29

(单词翻译:单击)

荒野求生

Below me is the province of British Columbia,

我正在不列颠哥伦比亚省上空

which is twice the size of California.

这里的面积相当于加利福尼亚的两倍


It is so isolated that there are more bears here than there are people.

这里与世隔绝 当地熊的数量远大于人口数

Survival is all about physical and mental strength.

生存需要强健的体魄与心理素质

With basic skills and the right attitude,you can survive in the wilderness.

只要有基本的技巧和良好的心态 你在野外就能存活下来

My first recruit is 39-year-old Joe Resto, from New York.

第一位新成员是 来自纽约的乔·莱斯特 今年39岁

I always wanted to climb to the top of a mountain.

我一直很想征服一座高山

I will probably be the only Puerto Rican in history to climb a mountain.

我可能会成为波多黎各 登山史上的第一人

But it's comforting to know that I'll have Bear

得知贝尔将会在我身边

not too far from me to take care of things if things get out of hand.

在危急关头伸出援手 我感到很欣慰

And joining Joe is 29-year-old Sean Lacoste, from the midwest.

和乔一起的是 来自中西部的肖恩·拉科斯特 今年29岁

This is something that I signed up for,and I want it to be a challenge.

我报名参加这个节目 是想挑战自我

I want to be able to face my fears and my weaknesses and overcome those.

我希望能够直面并征服 我的恐惧感和弱点

Sean and Joe won't be disappointed.

一切将如他们所愿

But the wilderness is both dangerous and unpredictable.

但是荒野既危机四伏又变幻莫测

Okay, are you set for this?

你们准备好了吗

Get ready for the most wild cab ride you're ever gonna take.Keep low.

准备踏上最狂野的荒野之旅 蹲下点儿

This heli is taking us high into the Purcell mountain range,over 100 miles from the nearest city.

直升机将把我们 带到珀塞尔山脉之中 距离最近的城市也有100英里之远

Welcome to the big mountains.

欢迎来到雪山

词汇解析

1、isolate

使孤立;使脱离(朋友、支持者)

This policy could isolate the country from the other permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.

这一政策可能会使该国孤立于联合国安全理事会其他常任理事国之外。

Political influence is being used to shape public opinion and isolate critics.

政治影响正被用来左右公众舆论,使批评家们陷于孤立。

使隔离;使与世隔绝

When he was thinking out a problem Tweed's habit was never to isolate himself in his room.

思考问题的时候,特威德从来没有把自己关在房间里的习惯。

His radicalism and refusal to compromise isolated him.

他的激进主义与拒绝妥协使他受到孤立。

使离析;分离

We can use genetic engineering techniques to isolate the gene that is responsible.

我们可以使用基因工程技术把相关基因分离出来。

Researchers have isolated a new protein from the seeds of poppies.

研究人员已经从罂粟种子里分离出一种新的蛋白质。


2、get out

逃离;被迫离开

They probably wanted to get out of the country.

他们或许想逃离这个国家。

I told him to leave and get out.

我叫他滚开。

退出(组织);撤销(承诺)

I wanted to get out of the group, but they wouldn't let me.

我想退出这个团体,但是他们不同意。

Getting out of the contract would be no problem.

撤销这个合同不会有任何问题。

(消息、信息等)泄露,为人所知

If word got out now, a scandal could be disastrous.

如果消息现在传出去,可能会是灾难性的丑闻。

Once the news gets out that Armenia is in a very critical situation, I think the world will respond.

我认为亚美尼亚局势非常严峻的消息一旦披露,全世界都将作出反应。

分享到
重点单词
  • geneticadj. 基因的,遗传的,起源的
  • radicalismn. 急进主义,根本的改革主义
  • genen. 基因
  • survivevt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过 vi.
  • permanentadj. 永久的,持久的 n. 烫发
  • survivaln. 生存,幸存者
  • disappointedadj. 失望的
  • mentaladj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的 n. 精神病患者
  • criticaladj. 批评的,决定性的,危险的,挑剔的 adj. 临
  • overcomevt. 战胜,克服,(感情等)压倒,使受不了 vi. 获