《荒野求生》之跟着贝尔去冒险第13期:寻求生机
日期:2016-01-13 20:17

(单词翻译:单击)

荒野求生

I'm deep in the Arctic north fighting a losing battle with the freezing cold and the deep snow.

我正在北极深处 与冰冻和厚雪打没有胜算的战役

I've fixed up a pair of ancient skis with some cloth I found in an old cabin,

我用小屋中发现的旧窗帘 修复了古老的滑雪板


and I am gonna try and squeeze a bit more life out of them.

我要用它们寻求生机

I've got some improvised ski poles just from a straight bit of willow and a couple of twigs pressed in the end.

我用一根直柳枝 末端绑上两根小细枝 做成临时滑雪杆

And, you know, this is all pretty makeshift,and I am not expecting ski Olympics,

这是很不牢固的 而且我也不是要参加奥运滑雪

but its gonna help me make better progress through this deep snow than if I was on foot.

但是在厚重的雪中 用它走比徒步要好

These old cross-country skis are good on the flat,but not ideal for downhill.

这个破旧的越野滑雪板在平地上还好 但下坡就不行了

Steering them through this deep snow is almost impossible.

在厚雪中它们简直无法操纵

Impossible.And in many ways, I can do more damage than good.

还是不行 我可不能让自己受伤

Doing this can be quite dangerous,skiing amongst trees when you've got no control on skis like this.

你掌控不了像这样的雪橇时 在树间滑雪就很危险

And on these steep slopes, things are going from bad to worse.

特别还是在这么陡峭的坡上 就更危险

It must be 50, 60 foot down that.There's no way I am skiing off that.

这里肯定有五六十英尺[15-18米]高 我不可能从这里滑下去

Hang on, that's a birch tree over there. I've got an idea.

等等 那里有棵桦树 我有办法了

重点讲解

1、squeeze

(通常指用手)挤压,捏

He squeezed her arm reassuringly.

他安慰地捏了捏她的胳膊。

Dip the bread briefly in water, then squeeze it dry.

将面包在水里快速蘸一下,然后将它挤干。

压榨,挤出(液体或软的东西)

Joe put the plug in the sink and squeezed some detergent over the dishes.

乔用塞子塞住水槽,往盘子上挤了点洗涤剂。

freshly squeezed lemon juice.

新榨的柠檬汁

(常因害怕或保护眼睛而)紧闭(双眼)

Nancy squeezed her eyes shut and prayed.

南希紧闭双眼祈祷着。

If you keep your eyes squeezed shut, you'll miss the show.

如果一直紧闭双眼,你就要错过精彩的表演了。


2、progress

进步;进展

The medical community continues to make progress in the fight against cancer.

医学界在抗癌的斗争中不断取得进步。

The two sides made little if any progress towards agreement.

双方在达成协议方面的进展甚微。

进展;进程

The Chancellor is reported to have been delighted with the progress of the first day's talks.

据报道,总理对第一天会谈的进展表示满意。

Ellen would keep me abreast of the progress by phone.

埃伦会通过电话及时向我通报进展情况。

分享到
重点单词
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • communityn. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落
  • sinkn. 接收端,沟渠,污水槽,散热器 vi. 下沉,下落,
  • squeezev. 压榨,挤压,塞进 n. 压榨,勒索,榨取
  • improvisedadj. 临时准备的;即兴的 v. 即兴创作;临时做,临
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • steepadj. 陡峭的,险峻的,(价格)过高的 n. 陡坡
  • detergentn. 清洁剂 adj. 用于清洗的
  • abreastadv. 并肩地,赶得上