《荒野求生》之跟着贝尔去冒险第77期:奇瓦瓦沙漠
日期:2016-03-23 11:34

(单词翻译:单击)

荒野求生

I'm Bear Grylls.

我是贝尔·格里尔斯

I'm gonna show you what it takes to get out alive from some of the most dangerous places on earth.

我将向您展示 如何从地球上 最危险的地带 逃出生天


I've got to make it through a week of challenges...

短短一周时间内 我将身涉险境 面临生死考验

in the sort of places you wouldn't last a day without the right survival skills.

周遭炼狱 没有生存技巧 你连1天都撑不过去 而我要设法突出重围

Now I'm in one of the least known least populated woods in all America.

现在 我深处全美 最鲜为人知 最荒无人烟的地区

Locking holes deep ravines and hidden chasms.Bad bad place.

地形起伏 峡谷横亘 暗沟险壑 天煞的地方

And northern frontier of the mighty Chihuahuan desert western Texas.

这里是德克萨斯州西部 奇瓦瓦沙漠的北端

They call this "big country".Nothing on this.You take it on only a few dare.

被人们誉为"绝荒之地" 这上面没什么能吃的 有胆的就来试试吧

This is the Chihuahuan desert and it's one of the largest deserts in North America.

我身下就是奇瓦瓦沙漠 它是北美最大的沙漠之一

And it's also empty.There's hardly any habitation here at all.

广阔无垠 荒无人烟 望眼欲穿 看不到一丝文明的迹象

It's known simply as elsdo pueblo.the land of no people.800 miles long and 250 miles wide.

人们简称这里为"埃尔斯多普拉多" 也就是"无人之地" 800英里长 250英里宽

It streches from Arizona throngh Texas and deep in Mexico.

奇瓦瓦沙漠起自亚利桑那州 横穿德克萨斯 深入墨西哥境内

This is frontier country and it is wild.

这里接近美墨边境 四周一片荒芜

And every year people attempt to cross that desert border between Mexico and the US.

每年都有很多人试图穿越美墨边境线上的 这片沙漠来达到偷渡的目的

But many don't make it.You chose disrespect this place,it’ll get you.

但大多数人都失败了 你若小瞧这片沙漠的威力 它定会给你好看

Okay Bear, we're coming at 1.3 miles and you're ready to go.

贝尔 差不多飞到2400米了 你可以出发了

Good luck down there. You're gonna need it.

祝你好运 你需要好运

重点讲解

1、challenge

挑战;难题

I like a big challenge and they don't come much bigger than this.

我喜欢大的挑战,而所有挑战中再没有比这更大的了。

The new government's first challenge is the economy.

新政府面临的第一个难题是经济问题。

(成功地)应对挑战,迎接挑战

The new Germany must rise to the challenge of its enhanced responsibilities.

一个崭新的德国必须迎接挑战,承担更多的责任。

They rose to the challenge of entertaining 80 schoolchildren for an afternoon.

他们一个下午成功接待了80名学童。

怀疑,质疑(真实性、价值、权威等)

Democratic leaders have challenged the president to sign the bill.

民主党领袖对总统签署这项法案提出了质疑。

The move was immediately challenged by two of the republics.

此项动议立即遭到其中两个共和国的反对。


2、respect

尊敬;敬重;尊重

I want him to respect me as a career woman.

我希望他把我当作一个职业女性来尊重。

He needs the advice of people he respects, and he respects you.

他需要从他敬重的人那里获得建议,而他一向都很敬重你。

恕我直言,恕我冒昧(用于礼貌地表示不同意见或批评)

With respect, Minister, you still haven't answered my question.

部长,恕我冒昧,您还没有回答我的问题。

With respect, I hardly think that's the point.

恕我直言,但我认为这不是重点。

分享到
重点单词
  • mightyadj. 强有力的,强大的,巨大的 adv. 很,极其
  • entertainingadj. 引起乐趣的,娱乐性的,令人愉快的 n. 招待,
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • bordern. 边界,边境,边缘 vt. 与 ... 接壤,加边于
  • survivaln. 生存,幸存者
  • challengen. 挑战 v. 向 ... 挑战
  • populatedadj. 粒子数增加的 v. 居住于…中;构成…的人口(
  • frontiern. 边界,边境,尖端,边缘
  • disrespectn. 不敬,无礼 vt. 不尊敬
  • democraticadj. 民主的,大众的,平等的