TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):如何成为生化人并扩展人类潜能(7)
日期:2020-01-08 09:35

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Now, Jim moves and behaves as if the synthetic limb is part of him.
吉姆活动和做事时,合成肢体就像他的一部分。
For example, one day in the lab, he accidentally stepped on a roll of electrical tape.
例如,某天在实验室,他意外地踩到一卷电工胶带上。
Now, what do you do when something's stuck to your shoe?
当东西粘上到你的鞋底上时,你会怎么做?
You don't reach down like this; it's way too awkward.
你不会弯腰去取的,那样显得太笨了。
Instead, you shake it off, and that's exactly what Jim did after being neurally connected to the limb for just a few hours.
相反,你会抖掉它,吉姆正是这么做的,神经接通肢体仅几小时后,他就甩掉了胶带。
What was most interesting to me is what Jim was telling us he was experiencing.
我觉得最有意思的是,吉姆告诉我们他当时的感受。

如何成为生化人并扩展人类潜能

He said, "The robot became part of me."
他说:“机器已成为我的一部分。”
The morning after the first time I was attached to the robot,
我连上机器后的次日早晨,
my daughter came downstairs and asked me how it felt to be a cyborg,
女儿下楼来,问我成为生化人的感觉如何,
and my answer was that I didn't feel like a cyborg.
我回答说,不觉得自己是生化人。
I felt like I had my leg, and it wasn't that I was attached to the robot so much as the robot was attached to me,
而是觉得好像是自己的腿回来了,与其说我连在机器上,倒不如说是机器连到我身上,
and the robot became part of me. It became my leg pretty quickly. Thank you.
机器已然成为我的一部分,很快就变成我的腿了。谢谢。

演讲介绍

仿生学设计师休·赫尔说,人类将很快拥有新的身体,这将永远模糊自然界和人造世界之间的界限。在一次令人难忘的演讲中,他详细介绍了“神经胚胎设计”,这是他在麻省理工学院媒体实验室开发的一种创造机器人功能的方法,他向我们展示了一个未来,我们将以一种重新定义人类潜能的方式增强我们的身体-也许,我们会把我们变成超级英雄。“在本世纪的暮年里,我相信人类在形态和动态上将无法从今天的我们认识到,”赫尔说。“人类将飞翔并翱翔。”


分享到