TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):如何开启开源想象力(1)
日期:2019-10-21 09:41

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

So a few weeks ago, a friend of mine gave this toy car to his 8-year-old son.
几个星期前,我的一个朋友送了一辆玩具车给他8岁的儿子。
But instead of going into a store and buying one, like we do normally,
这样的礼物我们通常都是去商场买,但他没有,
he went to this website and he downloaded a file, and then he printed it on this printer.
而是从这个网站下载了一个文件,然后把这个玩具车,用这台打印机给打印了出来。
So this idea that you can manufacture objects digitally using these machines
像这样用电子设备创作东西的理念,
is something that The Economist magazine defined as the Third Industrial Revolution.
《经济学人》杂志称其为第三次工业革命。
Actually, I argue that there is another revolution going on,
但我认为现在我们还经历着另一场革命,
and it's the one that has to do with open-source hardware and the maker's movement,
一场涉及开源硬件和创客的运动,
because the printer that my friend used to print the toy is actually open-source.
因为我的朋友使用的这台打印机,实际上就是开源的。

如何开启开源想象力

So you go to the same website, you can download all the files that you need in order to make that printer:
任何人去这一网站都可以下载、制作这台打印机所需要的各种文件:
the construction files, the hardware, the software, all the instruction is there.
施工文件、硬件、软件,各种帮助都可以在网上找到。
And also this is part of a large community where there are thousands of people around the world
这是一个很大的在线社区,世界各地成千上万的人都聚集在这里,
that are actually making these kinds of printers,
制作像这样的打印机,
and there's a lot of innovation happening because it's all open-source.
创新时刻都在发生,因为一切都是开源的。
You don't need anybody's permission to create something great.
你不需要征求任何人的同意就可以制作很棒的东西。
And that space is like the personal computer in 1976, like the Apples with the other companies are fighting,
这种市场的问世,就像1976年个人电脑问世一样,苹果公司和其他电脑公司互相竞争,
and we will see in a few years, there will be the Apple of this kind of market come out.
几年后我们也会看到这种市场中的苹果公司出现。

演讲介绍

Massimo Banzi和其他人一起发明了Arduino,这是一个体积很小且使用方便的开源微控制器。这让世界各地成千上万的人能够制作各种各样有个性的东西——从玩具到卫星装置。因为,正如他所说:“你不需要任何人的允许就可以去做很棒的东西。”


分享到
重点单词
  • innovationn. 创新,革新
  • movementn. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章
  • constructionn. 建设,建造,结构,构造,建筑物
  • definedadj. 有定义的,确定的;清晰的,轮廓分明的 v. 使
  • manufacturen. (复)产品,制造,制造业 v. 制造,捏造
  • communityn. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落
  • instructionn. 说明,须知,指令,教学
  • revolutionn. 革命,旋转,转数
  • permissionn. 同意,许可,允许