TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):如何构建对我们有利的人工智能(5)
日期:2019-01-09 09:49

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

If we all focus on opening up the discussion on AI with foresight towards the future,
若我们都能把焦点放在开放地带着对未来的远见来讨论人工智能,
this will help create a general conversation and awareness about what AI is now,
这就能创造出一般性的谈话和意识,关于人工智能现在是什么样子、
what it can become and all the things that we need to do in order to enable that outcome that best suits us.
它未来可以变成什么样子,以及所有我们需要做的事,以产生出最适合我们的结果。
We already see and know this in the technology that we use today.
我们已经在现今我们所使用的科技中看见这一点了。
We use smart phones and digital assistants and Roombas.
我们使用智能手机、数字助理以及扫地机器人。
Are they evil? Maybe sometimes. Are they beneficial? Yes, they're that, too.
它们邪恶吗?也许有时候。它们有帮助吗?是的,这也是事实。
And they're not all the same. And there you already see a light shining on what the future holds.
并且它们并非全都一样的。你们已经看到未来可能性的一丝光芒。
The future continues on from what we build and create right now.
未来延续的基础,是我们现在所建立和创造的。
We set into motion that domino effect that carves out AI's evolutionary path.
我们开始了骨牌效应,刻划出了人工智能的演进路径。
In our time right now, we shape the AI of tomorrow.
我们在现在这时代形塑未来的人工智能。
Technology that immerses us in augmented realities bringing to life past worlds.
让我们能沉浸入扩增实境中的科技,让过去的世界又活了过来。
Technology that helps people to share their experiences when they have difficulty communicating.
协助人们在沟通困难时还能分享经验的科技。
Technology built on understanding the streaming visual worlds used as technology for self-driving cars.
立基在了解串流视觉世界之上的科技,被用来当作自动驾驶汽车的科技。

如何构建对我们有利的人工智能

Technology built on understanding images and generating language,
立基在了解图像和产生语言的科技,
evolving into technology that helps people who are visually impaired be better able to access the visual world.
演进成协助视觉损伤者的科技,让他们更能进入视觉的世界。
And we also see how technology can lead to problems.
我们也看到了科技如何导致问题。
We have technology today that analyzes physical characteristics we're born with
现今,我们有科技能够分析我们天生的身体特征,
such as the color of our skin or the look of our face -- in order to determine whether or not we might be criminals or terrorists.
比如肤色或面部的外观,可以用来判断我们是否有可能是罪犯或恐怖份子。
We have technology that crunches through our data, even data relating to our gender or our race,
我们有科技能够分析我们的数据,甚至和我们的性别或种族相关的资料,
in order to determine whether or not we might get a loan.
来决定我们的贷款是否能被核准。
All that we see now is a snapshot in the evolution of artificial intelligence.
我们现在所看见的一切,都是人工智能演进的约略写照。
Because where we are right now, is within a moment of that evolution.
因为我们现在所处的位置,是在那演进的一个时刻当中。
That means that what we do now will affect what happens down the line and in the future.
那就意味着,我们现在所做的,会影响到后续未来发生的事。

演讲介绍

作为谷歌的研究科学家,玛格丽特·米切尔帮助开发电脑,它们能够沟通所看到和理解的事情。她警示,如今我们潜意识地将差距,盲点和偏见编码到人工智能中——我们应该考虑今天创造的技术对未来意味着什么。米切尔说:“我们现在所看到的是人工智能进化过程中的一个快照。如果我们希望人工智能以一种帮助人类的方式发展,那么我们需要定义目标和策略,来开通这这条路径。”


分享到