TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):如何开启开源想象力(8)
日期:2019-10-30 09:44

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

So very serious project. When the Fukushima disaster happened,
现在我们来看一个严肃的项目。日本福岛核事故发生时,
a bunch of people in Japan, they realized that the information that the government was giving wasn't really open and really reliable,
日本的一些人认为政府没有做到信息的完全公开,发布的信息也不可靠,
so they built this Geiger counter, plus Arduino, plus network interface.
于是他们设计了这个带有Arduino模块和网络连接的盖革计数器。
They made 100 of them and gave them to people around Japan,
他们做了100个这样的设备,发放到日本各地的人手上,
and essentially the data that they gathered gets published on this website called Cosm, another website they built,
把这些人收集的信息汇集在一个叫Cosm的网站上,
so you can actually get reliable real-time information from the field, and you can get unbiased information.
这样人们就可以看到来自实地的实时信息,并且信息更加可靠。
Or this machine here, it's from the DIY bio movement,
现在我们看到的这台机器来自DIY生物科技运动,
and it's one of the steps that you need in order to process DNA, and again, it's completely open-source from the ground up.
它能完成DNA分析处理所必需的一个步骤,这台仪器从头到尾都是开源的。

如何开启开源想象力

Or you have students in developing countries making replicas of scientific instruments that cost a lot of money to make.
另外,一些发展中国家地区的学生们自己制作科学仪器,这些仪器很昂贵。
Actually they just build them themselves for a lot less using Arduino and a few parts.
但他们自己组装则不用花那么钱只需用到Arduino和另外一些部件。
This is a pH probe. Or you get kids, like these kids, they're from Spain.
这是一个pH值探针。再看看这些来自西班牙的孩子。
They learned how to program and to make robots when they were probably, like, 11,
他们学会编程制作机器人,大概也就是11岁的样子,
and then they started to use Arduino to make these robots that play football.
后来他们用Arduino让这些机器人踢足球。
They became world champions by making an Arduino-based robot.
他们制作基于Arduino的机器人。
And so when we had to make our own educational robot, we just went to them and said, you know,
在国际上赢得了大奖,当时我们需要教学用的机器人,于是就告诉他们,
"You design it, because you know exactly what is needed to make a great robot that excites kids."
“你们来设计,因为你们很清楚什么样的机器人能让孩子们兴奋起来。”
Not me. I'm an old guy. What am I supposed to excite, huh?
我就不行了,我一个老头。怎么能让人兴奋?
But as I -- in terms of educational assets.
我指的是教育意义上的。

演讲介绍

Massimo Banzi和其他人一起发明了Arduino,这是一个体积很小且使用方便的开源微控制器。这让世界各地成千上万的人能够制作各种各样有个性的东西——从玩具到卫星装置。因为,正如他所说:“你不需要任何人的允许就可以去做很棒的东西。”


分享到