(单词翻译:单击)
视听原文
Wow. You've...
哇 你..
always wanted to write greeting cards?
一直很喜欢写贺卡吗
No, I don't even want to do it now.
不 我现在就不想
Well, you should do something else then.
那你应该做点别的
Yeah. I studied to be an architect, actually.
其实 我是学建筑的
You did? That's cool. What happened there?
是吗 真棒 然后呢
It didn't work out.
不怎么样
I needed a job, and here we are.
我需要一个工作 然后是这样了
You any good?
有好作品吗
Well, um, I wrote this one.
好吧 我写了这个
"Today you're a man. "
今天你是个男人了
Mazel tov on your bar mitzvah."
成人礼贺词
It's a big seller. I meant as an architect.
- 很畅销 - 我是说建筑方面
Yeah.
嗯..
I doubt it. Well,
我觉得不行 恩
you're a perfectly adequate greeting card writer.
你是个写贺卡的高手
Thank you. That was actually my nickname in college.
多谢 他们在大学经常叫我的外号
They called me "Perfectly Adequate" Hansen.
他们叫我 " 完美Hansen "
They used to call me Anal Girl.
他们以前叫我 " 肛门女 "
I was very neat and organized.
我以前有洁癖
Well, I should get back, so- Uh
- 我该过去了 所以 .. 呃 ..
All right. See you later.
好吧 回见
I don't know, man. I think it's official.
我不知道 好吧 我认为这很正式
I'm in love with Summer. I love her smile.
我爱上 Summer 了 我爱她的笑
I love her hair. I love her knees.
爱她的头发 爱她的膝盖
I love this heart-shaped birthmark she has on her neck.
爱她脖子上心型的胎记
I love the way she sometimes licks her lips before she talks.
爱她时不时说话前舔一下嘴唇
重点讲解
重点单词:
1、architect
n. 建筑师
缔造者
They commissioned an architect to design the new library.
他们委托一位建筑师设计这座新图书馆。
2、actually
adv. 实际上;事实上
No, I'm not a student. I'm a doctor, actually.
不,我不是一名学生。事实上,我是一名医生。
3、official
adj. 官方的;正式的;公务的
n. 官员;公务员
An official announcement is expected in the next few days.
一份官方声明预计会在接下来的几天内发表。
4、adequate
adj. 充足的;适当的;胜任的
She is prepared to offer me an amount adequate to purchase another house.
她准备好了给我一笔足以购买另一所房子的钱。
重点短语:
1、get back
回来;恢复;取回;重新上台
It wasn't until we sat down to eat that we got back to the subject of Tom Halliday.
我们直到坐下来吃饭时才又回到了汤姆·哈利戴这个话题上来。
考考你(翻译):
1、这幢大楼是按那位建筑师的设计建造的。
2、一天下午,我感到很无聊,实际上有几分钟还睡着了。
3、根据官方数字,有一千多人在革命中丧命。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:
1、I drank a cup of tea that tasted of diesel.
2、Sichuan has always enjoyed the reputation of being a “Heavenly Land of Plenty”.
3、We must clear the room before our guests arrive.