影视精讲《战争之王》第66期: 幕后真凶
日期:2013-06-02 21:15

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

My family has disowned me.
我的家人不认我了
My wife and son have left me.
我的妻子和孩子离开了我
My brother's dead.
我的弟弟死了
Trust me.I fully appreciate the seriousness of my situation.
相信我,我很真正认识到这个问题的严重性
But I promise you,I won't spend a single second in a courtroom.
我敢对你发誓,我不会在法院里呆上一秒钟
You are delusional.
你是在做梦
I like you, Jack.Well, maybe not, but I understand you.
我喜欢你杰克.不,也许不是,但是我了解你
Let me tell you what's gonna happen.
让我来告诉你将会发生什么
This way, you can prepare yourself.
这样可以让你有所准备
Okay.
好的
Soon there's going to be a knock on that door and you will be called outside.
很快,会有人来敲门.你会被叫到外面去
In the hall there will be a man who outranks you.
在过道里 会有一个官阶比你高的人站在那里
First, he'll compliment you on the fine job you've done
首先,他会祝贺你所做的一切
that you're making the world a safer place
你使世界成为一个和平的地方
that you're to receive a commendation and a promotion.
你会得到奖状或升职
And then he'll tell you that I am to be released.
然后他会告诉你,我需要被释放
You're gonna protest.You'll probably threaten to resign.
你会反对,你也许会以辞职来要挟他
But in the end, I will be released.
但是在最后,我会被释放
The reason I'll be released is the same reason you think I'll be convicted.
我被释放的原因和你认为我会被判刑的原因是一样的
I do rub shoulders with some of the most vile,sadistic men calling themselves leaders today.
我和一些世界上称自己为领导人的人打交道
But some of those men are the enemies of your enemies.
这些人当中的有一些人是你的敌人的敌人
And while the biggest arms dealer in the world is your boss...
世界上最大的军火交易商是你的老板
the President of the United States,
美国的总统 ...
who ships more merchandise in a day than I do in a year...
他一天卖的比我一年卖的还多
sometimes it's embarrassing to have his fingerprints on the guns.
有时 在枪支上找到他的指纹是一件很尴尬的事
Sometimes he needs a freelancer like me to supply forces he can't be seen supplying.
有时,他需要像我这样的自由工作者来支持那些他不可能支持的军队
So... you call me evil,but unfortunately for you, I'm a necessary evil.
所以,你称我为恶魔.但不幸的是 ,对你 我是一个必须要存在的恶魔
I would tell you to go to hell.
我会告诉你去下地狱
But I think you're already there.
但是我想你已经在那里了

妙语佳句

Durable
adj. 耐用的,耐久的;持久的;长期的
n. 耐用品,耐久品

Bone china is strong and durable.
骨灰瓷坚固耐用
But housing is very durable.
但是,房子是非常耐用的消费品。

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Disown (pt&pp.disowned)

vt. 否认,否认与…有关系,断绝与…的关系

Is there anyway we can disown barkley of ever being a rocket?
有什么办法我们能否认巴克利在火箭待过?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Merchandise
n.商品;货物
vt.买卖;销售
vi.经商

A public place where food and merchandise is sold.
食品和货物的一个空敞的地点。
Mr. han said merchandise trade was ahead 18% in 2011.
韩正说,商品贸易2011年增加了18%。

----------------------------------------------------------------------
At the cost of
以…为代价

As a polemicist mr mamet is impressive-but at the cost of intellectual honesty.
作为一个善辩者,马梅先生令人影响深刻但他牺牲了理智上的诚实。

----------------------------------------------------------------------

考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.

1.He doesn't _____ between the two.
他不会关心两者之间的区别。
2.The hope is to _____ possible still.
但愿是专修还可以的。

A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:

1.This is much more (durable).
这是更耐用的。
2.These people stopped bandits and terrorists (at the cost of) their lives.
这些牺牲的人生命代价阻止了匪徒和恐怖分子的险恶图谋。

分享到
重点单词
  • merchandisen. 商品,货物 v. 经营,推销,销售,经商
  • vileadj. 恶劣的,简陋的,低廉的
  • supplyn. 补给,供给,供应,贮备 vt. 补给,供给,提供,
  • seriousnessn. 严肃,认真
  • threatenv. 威胁,恐吓
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • durableadj. 耐用持久的 n. (复)耐用品
  • complimentn. 称赞,恭维,(复数)致意 vt. 称赞,恭维
  • courtroomn. 法庭,审判室
  • protestn. 抗议,反对,声明 v. 抗议,反对,申明