影视精讲《战争之王》第22期:敬飓风一杯
日期:2012-12-22 19:14

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


This is your plane?
是你的飞机吗?
That is my name.  
那是我的名字。
Of course, I was lying.  
我当然在撒谎。
The plane was rented, like the car.   
飞机是租的,还有车子。
and even the suit I was standing in.  
和身上的西装。
At the last minute, 
起飞前我才贿赂机员。
I'd bribed the crew for the paint job.  
漆上我的名字。
Luckily, by the time we landed...  
还好降落前。
Ava wasn't looking anywhere but in my eyes.  
她的眼睛没离开过我身上。
I had no idea.  
我居然浑然不知。
I'm sorry I didn't recognize you. 
真抱歉我没认出你。
Don't apologize. I put clothes on for a living.   
不用道歉啦,我穿各种衣服只是为了挣钱罢了。
A least you're not taking them off. 
我倒希望你脱下来。
I would be, if half the...  
假如摄影师能来。
...photographers had their way.  
那我就会脱了。
What about you?   
你呢?
I'm in transport.  
我做运输生意。
International air freight, mostly. 
大部份是国际空运。
Business is good.  
生意很好吧。
Where're you from?   
你是哪儿人?
I was born in Ukraine, but I grew up in Brooklyn.  
我生在乌克兰,在纽约布鲁克林长大。
No. 
不会吧!
What, you too?   
怎么了?你也是?
Williamsburg.  
(乌克兰)威廉堡。
Here's to a hurricane.
那...敬飓风一杯。
Without it, I never would have met you.
如果没它,我就不会认识你。
This is no accident, is it, Yuri?   
这可不是巧合,尤里。
It feels like fate. 
这是命运的安排。
I don't believe in fate.
我不信命运
What do you believe in?  
那你信什么?

妙语佳句
1.stand in
定位替身;代演员站位
And my job as a writer is to stand in for you as a subsequent reader.
作为一名作者,我的职责,是站在你们读者的角度上考虑问题。
2.bribe
vt. 贿赂,收买
vi. 行贿
n. 贿赂
Some of them once held high positions with access to important state secrets and were likely bribed by hostile parties.
一旦当中的一些人坐到了掌握重要国家机密的高位,那么他们就很有可能被敌方贿赂。
3.paint
vt. 油漆;绘画;装饰;描绘
vi. 油漆;绘画
n. 油漆;颜料;绘画作品
Despite the elimination of lead from gasoline and paint, most Americans still have detectable lead levels in the blood.
尽管现在汽油和油漆中已没有了铅,但大多数美国人的血液中依然能检测到铅。
4.air freight
[航] 航空运费;[航] 空运的货物
However, he says that many companies' recent reduction of their stock levels has encouraged some of them to turn to air freight more in emergencies.
不过他说,由于许多公司近期的库存有所减少,其中一些公司为了应急已更多地使用航空货运服务。
5.Williamsburg
n. 威廉斯堡(美国弗吉尼亚州东南部城市)
Most of them live in Williamsburg, so we’ll go to a restaurant there for drinks and dinner.
她们大多数人住在威廉斯堡,所以我们总在那附近的餐馆聚会。
考考你
翻译
1.她的眼睛没离开过我身上。
2.如果没它,我就不会认识你。 
上期答案
1.I guess the photographer got stuck in Miami.  
2.Some of the most successful relationships are based on lies and deceit. 

分享到
重点单词
  • crewn. 全体船员,全体乘务员,(一组)工作人员 vi
  • recognizevt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激
  • apologizevi. 道歉,谢罪
  • hostileadj. 怀敌意的,敌对的
  • reductionn. 减少,缩小,(化学)还原反应,(数学)约分
  • hurricanen. 飓风,飓风般猛烈的东西 adj. 有防风罩的
  • deceitn. 欺骗,诡计,不诚实
  • eliminationn. 除去,消除
  • planeadj. 平的,与飞机有关的 n. 飞机,水平,水准,刨
  • stockn. 存货,储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜 adj