影视精讲《战争之王》第02期:伪装成犹太人
日期:2012-11-05 12:19

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


For the first twenty-odd years of my life...
在我生命的前二十几年里。
Little Odessa was to me what it is to the Q train...  
小奥德萨对我来说 就像对这列火车一样。
...the end of the line.  
是终点站。  
Oh, I did lie about my name. 
哦,关于我的名字,我刚撒了个谎。
It's not really Yuri Orlov.  
其实并不是尤里·奥洛夫。
There've been few occasions in the in the 20th century...  
在20世纪的某些时候。
when it's been an advantage be a Jew.  
做个犹太人是有好处的。
But in the 'seventies, to escape the Soviet Union,  
70年代我们全家为了逃离苏联。
our family pretended to be Jewish.  
就伪装成犹太人。
Little about my life has been kosher ever since  
从此我就活得不怎么好。
How's it going, brother?  
老哥,你好吗?
It's not.  
不怎么样。
That's Vitaly, my younger brother.  
这是维塔利,我弟弟。
He was as lost as me.   
他和我一样,对生命感到迷惘。
He didn't know it yet. 
只是他现在还不知道罢了。
Yuri,  
尤里。
you're late.  
你迟到了。
My father took his assumed identity to heart.  
我父亲很快地就把 这伪装的身份当真了。
He was more Jewish than most Jews.  
他比很多犹太人更犹太。
Which drove my Catholic mother crazy.  
这使我信天主教的母亲很生气。
How many times?  
说过多少次啦?
I can't eat shellfish.  
我不能吃贝类。
It's treyf.  
不圣洁。
You're not Jewish.  
你不是犹太人。
I like it.  
但我喜欢这样。
I like the hat.  
我喜欢帽子。

妙语佳句
1.lie about
无所事事;闲荡
It is a Faustian bargain. As soon as you think you have IT, whatever IT is slips through your grasp, because IT’s someone else selling you a lie about yourself.
这只不过是浮士德式的交易,一旦你认为你拥有它,不管是什么,你都抓不住,因为这只不过是别人卖给你的一个关于你自己的谎言。
2.occasion
n. 时机,机会;场合;理由
vt. 引起,惹起
Conversation on such an occasion is not expected to soar above polite commonplaces.
不能指望在这种场合的谈话会超越平常的客套。
3.pretend to be
假冒;冒充;伪装
Who they wanted to be, or pretend to be to themselves, their family and friends, really has nothing to do with what they own or buy.
对于他们自己,家人和朋友而言,他们想成为谁,或假扮成谁,与他们所拥有的或购来的真的没有任何关系。
4.assumed
假定的;假装的
In other words, he assumed that the allegations had an ulterior motive—as they would have had in Russia.
换言之,他假定主张都有隐而不宣的动机,正如政治主张在俄罗斯表现的那样。
考考你
翻译
1.70年代我们全家为了逃离苏联,就伪装成犹太人。  
2.我父亲很快地就把这伪装的身份当真了
上期答案
1.I'm not gonna tell you a pack of lies to make me look good.
2.When I was a boy, my family came to America.

分享到
重点单词
  • escapev. 逃跑,逃脱,避开 n. 逃跑,逃脱,(逃避)方法、
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • pretendv. 假装,装作 adj. 假装的
  • identityn. 身份,一致,特征
  • soarvi. 翱翔,高飞,猛增,高涨,高耸 n. 翱翔,高飞的
  • advantagen. 优势,有利条件 vt. 有利于
  • motiveadj. 发动的,运动的,积极的,动机的 n. 动机,主
  • assumedadj. 假装的;假定的