听电影《缘分天注定》学英语第12期:向两位新人干杯
日期:2012-11-30 23:00

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏


I'll tell you what.
老实说。
I'll tell you something. My friends, if I had to lose Jonny to anyone,
我告诉你一些事,如果一定要另娶别人。  
I can't imagine a more perfect woman than Halley.
我认为没有比娶希莉更理想了。  
Cheers to both of you.
向两位新人干杯。
How drunk is he on a scale of one to ten? - Twelve.
你估计他有几成醉?十二成。    
You think we'll ever out-romance Dean and Courtney?
我们会比甸恩与郭妮更甜蜜?
I don't know. I don't think I've ever seen them fight.Me neither.
不知道,他们从不争吵,我也是。  
Must be a bitch on their sex life.
他们的性生活必定很平淡。  
We have a pomegranate souffle which is amazing, which is different than the sorbet.
我们的蛋奶酥特别美味。  
Listen, we'd love to join you guys,
保证一试难忘。  
but Courtney has to wake up, so I got to be good.  
郭妮要早起,不得不告辞。
Halley, listen to me. It's not too late to back out.
你现在决定不嫁,为时未晚。
Good night, Dean. And I'm at 166th and...
晚安,甸恩。  
Good night, Courtney.
晚安,郭妮。  
Mama, you don't want to see this. I need...I need to snuggle.
烟韧一下,你最好还是不看。
I'm gonna go sleep it off. Listen, you're wonderful.Good night.
我要回家睡觉,你舍不得我。 
You know what? You need me. Take care. Come on, hon.
保重,我们走吧。  
You guys, listen, I hate to tell you, but I gotta go home too.
可惜我也要走。  
I have to. I gotta get up at 8:00 in the morning. My day is crazy tomorrow.
明天很忙,八点钟就要起床。
Come in for one drink. He doesn't want to come. He doesn't have to come.
多喝一杯吧,不要喝了。
I'll see you in about 20 hours. Bye-bye, dear.
二十小时后再见。

妙语佳句
1.on a scale
在某个规模;在…规模上
The really big question now is whether sport can achieve good on a scale previously unimagined.
现在真正的大问题是体育运动能否达到前所未有的规模上的成功。
2.bitch
n. 母狗,母狼;泼妇;牢骚事
vt. 糟蹋;弄糟
vi. 发牢骚
Because that day a woman addressed her puppy in the apocalyptic language of the slaughterhouse, and the little bitch, she understood what this greasy slut of a midwife was saying.
因为那天有个女人用屠宰场里《启示录》式的语言同她的小狗说话,而那条小母狗也懂得这个油腻腻的邋遢接生婆在说什么。
3.pomegranate
n. 石榴
Mechanistic studies would also help identify the active ingredients in the pomegranate and their direct mode of action.
机构研究也将帮助辨认在石榴和他们的直接模式的行动之间的有效成分。
4.souffle
n. 吹气音;[临床] 杂音
Dishes such as the cheese souffle have been on the menu since the beginning.
乳酪蛋奶酥这样的菜肴从一开始就出现在菜单上。
5.back out
退出;收回
You always have the potential for needing to back out work to meet a deadline, but this strategy seems to provide the best environment to meet the goals of regular releases.
您经常会遇到这样的可能性,即为了在工作期限内完成任务需要收回工作,这个策略只是看起来为了达到正常发布的目的提供了最好的环境。
考考你
翻译
1.我认为没有比娶希莉更理想了。 
2.我们的蛋奶酥特别美味。
上期答案
1.I usually have to beg to be a part of weddings.
2.His adolescent dream of becoming a documentary filmmaker was a thing of the past.

分享到
重点单词
  • previouslyadv. 先前,在此之前
  • strategyn. 战略,策略
  • scalen. 鳞,刻度,衡量,数值范围 v. 依比例决定,攀登
  • achievev. 完成,达到,实现
  • environmentn. 环境,外界
  • moden. 方式,样式,模式,风格,时兴 n. [音乐]
  • adolescentadj. 青春期的,青少年的 n. 青少年
  • identifyvt. 识别,认明,鉴定 vi. 认同,感同身受
  • documentaryadj. 文献的 n. 纪录片
  • potentialadj. 可能的,潜在的 n. 潜力,潜能 n. 电位,