影视精讲《冰河世纪2》第15期:我没有恐惧
日期:2012-05-21 12:00

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Boy, Manny sure took a big leap with Ellie today.
蛮尼跟伊丽很有进展喔
Sure did.
看得出来
He stood on the shore of uncertainty and dove right in. Splash.
前途虽不可知 他还是栽进去 噗通!
Kind of brave, huh? The way he faced his fear.
很勇敢吧? 大胆面对自己的恐惧
I wouldn't know. Sabres don't feel fear.
我听不懂 剑齿科不懂恐惧
Come on, all animals feel fear. It's what separates us from, say, rocks.
少来 所有动物都有恐惧! 所以动物跟…石头不一样
Rocks have no fear.
石头没有恐惧
And they sink. What are you getting at, Sid?
但会沉下去 你在暗示什么?
It may surprise you to know that I, too, have experienced fear.
或许你会感到讶异… 我也感受过恐惧
No. You?
不会吧?你?
Yeah. Yes, as impossible as it seems,
是的 表面看来虽然不可能
the sloth has natural enemies that would like to harm or otherwise "kill" us.
树懒有天敌可能伤害我们 甚至"杀死"我们
I wonder why? Jealousy, mostly.
我很好奇为什么呢? 主要是因为嫉妒
But the point is that fear is natural.
回到重点 恐惧是天性
Fear is for prey.
猎物才有恐惧
Well, then, you're letting the water make you its prey.
这么说 你是水的猎物罗
Justjump in and trust your instincts.
只管跳下去 相信你的直觉
You know, most animals can swim as babies.
很多动物从小就会游泳
And for a tiger, it's like crawling on your belly to stalk helpless prey.
对老虎来说 就像匍匐前进 悄悄接近无辜的猎物
But faster, OK? Now, claw, kick, claw, kick.
但速度要快一点 像这样 划 踢 划、踢
I'm stalking the prey. Claw, kick.
匍匐前进 划 踢
I look back over my shoulder to see if I'm being followed.
然后从肩膀上往后看 有没有人跟踪
And I'm breathing.
然后呼吸
And I'm stalking and I'm stalking and I'm...
我匍匐前进 我匍匐前进

重点解释

原文:Boy, Manny sure took a big leap with Ellie today.蛮尼跟伊丽很有进展喔 。
leap:
leap year闰年
成语: Look before you leap.
三思而后行 (看清楚才好跳过去)
leap at:向...扑去
The dog leaped at him.
狗向他扑去。
leap in the dark:冒险的行动
Their move to Latin America was a leap in the dark.
他们迁居拉丁美洲是件冒险的事。
leap of faith:一百八十度转变,改弦更张
Take a leap of faith and trust them.
来个一百八十度的转弯,采取信任他们的态度。


原文:Come on, all animals feel fear. It's what separates us from, say, rocks.少来 所有动物都有恐惧! 所以动物跟石头不一样!
be separated by:被... 隔断
be separated from:和...分离开, 和...分散
separate into:分离成
【sepatate和divide的区别】
separate:把原来在一起的人或物分开
The Pyrenees separate France and Spain.
比利牛斯将法国和西班牙分开。
The child's parents have separated.
这孩子的父母已经分居了。

divide:施加外力或自然地把某人或某物由整体分成若干部分
We divided the orange into segments.
我们将橘子分成几部分。


【日常用语】
Boy, Manny sure took a big leap with Ellie today.
蛮尼跟伊丽很有进展喔。

What are you getting at, Sid?
你在暗示什么?

分享到
重点单词
  • uncertaintyn. 不确定,不可靠,半信半疑 (学术)不可信度; 偏差
  • separaten. 分开,抽印本 adj. 分开的,各自的,单独的 v
  • shouldern. 肩膀,肩部 v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩)推挤
  • separatedadj. 分居;分开的;不在一起生活的 v. 分开;隔开
  • helplessadj. 无助的,无依靠的
  • preyn. 被掠食者,牺牲者 vi. 捕食,掠夺,使 ...
  • jealousyn. 妒忌
  • sinkn. 接收端,沟渠,污水槽,散热器 vi. 下沉,下落,
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • stalkn. 茎,梗 n. 跟踪,高视阔步 v. 悄悄靠近,跟踪