影视精讲《美味情缘》第14期:柔儿上课经常睡觉
日期:2012-10-31 19:27

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

She's been sleeping in class a lot.

她经常在课堂上打瞌睡

And do you know what her explanation for this is?

你知道她的理由是什么吗?

- No. - She says it's her late work hours.

- 不知道 - 她说她必须值夜班

She tells her classmates she's working as a kitchen assistant...

她说她在你的餐馆当助手

in your restaurant to earn her room and board.

为了赚住宿费和餐费

- I see. - Lf I actually believed...

- 原来如此 - 如果她是真的

that Zoe was working late hours at a restaurant...

每天在餐馆打工到深夜

I'd need to contact Child Protective Services.

我就得通知儿福联盟

- That won't be necessary. - I know that.

- 没有这个必要 - 我知道

It's better for everyone when children are well cared for by their relatives.

小孩由亲人照顾对大家都好

I'd hate to see Zoe end up in foster care after all she's been through.

我不想看到她被送到寄养家庭

But I'm confident that you will address this...

我相信你能解决问题

and there will be no need to go that far.

我也不必通知相关单位

I'll be checking in on Zoe, and we'll talk again soon.

我会注意柔儿,然后再跟你谈

And then Mr. Daniels' cell phone rings...

丹尼尔老师的手机响起…

and he answers it and talks through the whole class. It was so funny.

然后整节课都在讲电话,超好笑的

Zoe, we need to talk about something.

柔儿,我们得谈谈

You can't come to work with me anymore.

你不能再跟我去餐馆了

Why not?

为什么?

Because I'm afraid they're gonna take you away from me.

我怕他们会把你带走

- But I like going to the restaurant. - I know.

- 可是我喜欢去餐馆 - 我知道

I know you do, but it's just not right for a little girl to be up so late, you know.

可是小女孩不能待到那么晚

- You don't want me there. - No, that's not true.

- 你不要我去那里 - 并不是这样

No, you just need to get a good night's rest.

你每晚应该要好好睡觉

You hear me?

听到了吗?

重点讲解

重点讲解:

explanation:

n. 说明,解释;辩解

I don't buy that explanation.

我不接受那样的解释。

assistant:

n. 助手,助理,助教

adj. 辅助的,助理的;有帮助的

She deputized me as her assistant.

她委派我当她的助手。

board:

n. 董事会;木板;甲板;膳食

vt. 上(飞机、车、船等);用板盖上;给提供膳宿

vi. 寄宿

We have to find bed and board at an inn.

在一个小旅店找到了床铺和膳食。

cared for: 关心

I wish she could have understood herself better and cared for herself and her family more.

我真希望她更多的理解她自己,给自己和家人更多一些关心。

foster care: 看护;照顾

I adopted my son from the US foster care system when he was 10-years-old.

我从应用看护体制领养我儿子时,我儿子才10岁。

take away: 带走,拿走,取走

Take away the glasses and the tray.

把这些玻璃杯和托盘拿走。

剧情介绍:

凯特的妹妹因车祸而逝世了,留下年幼的女儿祖需要凯特照顾。妈妈离开后,祖变得越来越封闭。无论凯特怎么努力,

祖还是与阿姨保持距离。此时餐厅里请来了新的厨师尼克(艾伦·艾克哈特饰),工作态度完全有别与凯特,这使凯

特无法接受,但他却有能耐使不喜欢吃正餐的祖乖乖吃饭。凯特不得不对尼克另眼相看,此后因为祖的关系他们约会

渐多,凯特与尼克之间也产生了微妙的情缘,就连凯特与祖之间的关系也大大改进了。但这时,两人在工作上却出现

了分歧,感情受到了挑战……

thumb.jpg

考考你:

她委派我当她的助手。

我从应用看护体制领养我儿子时,我儿子才10岁。

答案下期公布

上期答案:

You do what you gotta do.

I could give you a slap in the face.

分享到
重点单词
  • fostervt. 养育,培养,促进,鼓励,抱有(希望等) adj.
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • explanationn. 解释,说明
  • confidentadj. 自信的,有信心的,有把握的 adj. 易
  • addressn. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧 vt.
  • celln. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室