电影《当风吹起的时候》精讲第37期:你敢赌吗?
日期:2014-04-21 16:54

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文

I expect that's why the milkman's late. He's got stuck somewhere.
这正好可以解释为什么送奶工迟到,他可能被困在某一出了。
I wonder if there's a proper war on.
我想知道战争是否已经开始了。
I wonder who's winning.
我也想知道谁赢了。
Never mind. It'll all be in the papers, dear.
别着急。报纸上都会说的,亲爱的。
He missed us altogether yesterday.
他昨天也没来。
Come to think of it, he's late, too.
想想吧,投递员也会迟到啊。
Well, you can't expect things to be normal after the bomb.
嗯,在轰炸之后你不能指望事情还像以前那样。
Difficulties will be experienced throughout the duration of the emergency period.
在紧急时期里各种困难都会持续下去。
Normality will only be assumed after the sensation of hostilities.
战争的轰动过后,生活才会恢复常态。
Oh, dear. I think I'm going to be sick again.
哦,亲爱的。我好像又要病了。
There, there, there, ducks.
吐到那儿,那儿,那儿,宝贝儿。
All better now?
好些了吗?
I had the most terrible diarrhoea this morning.
今天早上我腹泻得很厉害。
Nerves, dear. It's just nerves.
紧张,亲爱的,是紧张导致的。
I'm the same, and I'm a man.
我也一样,我是个男人也有这种感觉。
Let's sit in the garden for a bit.
我们去花园坐一会儿吧。
Don't you think we ought to clear up, dear?
难道我们不需要打扫一下吗,亲爱的?
Yes, yes, later on.
嗯,好的,等会儿吧。
I feel a bit er... weak and dizzy.
我觉得有点儿,呃..又虚弱又眩晕。
We'll make a start soon.
我们等下就开始打扫。
Well, suppose Jerry comes this afternoon.
嗯,好像Jerry这个下午要来。
No, they'd wait for the fallout to clear. Too dangerous for a few days.
不会,他们必须等着原子尘消散。最近都太危险了。
We've got plenty of time.
我们有足够的时间。
The situation is well in hand, you bet.
你敢赌吗,情况会很快好起来的。
Our boys will be lying in wait for 'em.
我们的孩子们必须等到情况好转。
I expect they've laid a trap.
我希望他们设置了陷阱。
Jerry will walk straight into it.
Jerry会径直走进去的。
Hello! There's cloud coming up.
嘿!云开始聚集了。
Looks like rain.
看上去要下雨了。

重点讲解
重点单词
1、proper
adj. 适当的;本身的;特有的;正派的
adv. 完全地
Two out of five people lack a proper job.
2/5的人缺乏一份像样的工作。
2、suppose
vt. 假设;认为;让(虚拟语气);推想
vi. 猜想;料想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假设某人给你一个蛋并要你准确描述里面的东西。
重点短语:
1、come up
走近;发生;开始;上升;发芽;被提出
The subject came up at work.
这一话题在工作时被提及。
2、plenty of
大量;很多;许多
She has plenty of imagination.
她的想象力非常丰富。
3、clear up
清理;放晴;整理;打扫
There should be someone to whom you can turn for any advice or to clear up any problems.
应该有你可以征求意见或为你解决问题的人。
考考你(翻译):
1、在那时,女人登台演出不被认为是完全适宜的。
2、我很清楚这个问题比他料想的更复杂。
3、她的猫上前来蹭了他们的腿。
答案下期公布:
上期答案:

1、The strategy was too dangerous in the explosive circumstances of the times.
2、Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate in a bowl suspended over simmering water.
3、Connie suddenly struck her as a logical candidate.

分享到
重点单词
  • experiencedadj. 有经验的
  • logicaladj. 符合逻辑的,逻辑上的,有推理能力的
  • trapn. 圈套,陷阱,困境,双轮轻便马车 v. 设圈套,陷入
  • bowln. 碗,碗状物,季后赛,圆形露天剧场 v. 打保龄球,
  • durationn. 持续时间,期间
  • meltvi. 融化,熔化,消散 vt. 使融化,使熔化,使消散
  • normalityn. 常态 =normalcy(美)
  • assumedadj. 假装的;假定的
  • suspendedadj. 悬浮的;暂停的,缓期的(宣判)
  • explosiveadj. 爆炸(性)的 n. 炸药