听电影《罗马假日》学英语第18期:you are beautiful gril
日期:2012-10-10 09:59

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

What do you sell?
你做哪种买卖?  
Fertiliser. Chemicals, stuff like that.
肥田料、化学品,诸如之类。  
Irving! Am I glad to see you! Why, did you forget your wallet?
艾荣!真巧,你忘了带银包?  
Sit down. Aren't you going to introduce me?
坐下吧 你不作介绍?  
Yes. This is a very good friend of mine, Irving Radovich. Anya, Irving.
这是好友艾荣雷维,她是安雅。
Anya? Smith.
安雅? 史密芙。  
Oh. Hiya, Smitty. Charmed.
你好,史密芙,幸会。  
Hey, did anybody ever tell you you're a dead ringer for.
可有人说你是个饼印,跟公。  
Well, I guess I'll be going. No, don't do that, join us.
我要走了,不,跟我们聊天。  
Well, just till Francesca gets here.
待兰丝来了才走吧。  
Tell me Mr Radovich, what is a ringer?
雷维先生,什么是饼印?  
Oh, waiter! It's an American term.
侍应!这是一个俗语。  
It means anyone who has a great deal of charm.
意思是赞人家很漂亮迷人。  
Oh, thank you.
谢谢。  
You're welcome.
别客气。  
Cousins.
是表妹。 
Mr Bradley's just been telling me all about his work.
布利先生刚在说他的工作。  
I'd like to have heard that. What do you do?
我也想听 你做哪一行?  
I'm in the same racket as Joe, only I'm a.
我跟阿祖是同行,只是我。  
I'm awfully sorry, Irving.
很对不起,艾荣。 
What are you? I'm sorry.
你搞什么, 很抱歉。  
I can take a hint. I'll see you around.
我不是那么笨的,再见了。 
But your drink's just here. Yeah, Irving, take it easy.
但饮品刚送来,稍安无躁。
妙语佳句
1.stuff
n. 东西;材料;填充物;素材资料
vt. 塞满;填塞;让吃饱
vi. 吃得过多
Don't regurgitate the stuff given in the textbook.
不要照背课本中的东西。
2.introduce
介绍;引进;提出;采用
On his first day as the new-comer,he breezed through the office to introduce himself.
他作为新来者上班后的第一天在办公室呆了一会儿,作了自我介绍。
3.ringer
套环,投环;按铃者;敲钟者
Asking yourself where you last saw the phone and praying that its ringer is not set to silent.
你会责问自己最后一次是在哪里看见手机,还祈祷手机的铃声没有设为静音模式。
4.take it easy
从容;不急;松懈
If you’ve never done hill workouts before, take it easy in the beginning, as with any exercise.
如果你之前没有做过,那应当把这 个训练看轻松一些,就像其他任何训练一样。
考考你 (请翻译)
1.意思是赞人家很漂亮迷人。  
2.布利先生刚在说他的工作。

上期参考答案
1.Must be quite a school, champagne for lunch.
2.unless it's actually unhealthy for them to continue.

分享到
重点单词
  • unhealthyadj. 不健康的,不卫生的,病态的,危险的
  • hintn. 暗示 v. 暗示,示意
  • walletn. 皮夹,钱包
  • charmn. 魅力,迷人,吸引力,美貌 v. (使)陶醉,(使)