听电影《罗马假日》学英语第02期:公主行程
日期:2012-09-04 22:11

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏
I hate this nightgown.
我讨厌这条睡袍。  
I hate all my nightgowns, and I hate all my underwear too.
我讨厌我所有的睡袍和内衣。  
My dear, you have lovely things. - But I'm not 200 years old.
你的衣服很漂亮,但我不是老太婆。  
Why can't I sleep in pyjamas? - Pyjamas!
为何我不能穿睡衣? 睡衣?  
Just the top part.
只是上衣就好。  
Did you know there are people who sleep with absolutely nothing on?
你可知道有些人爱裸睡?  
I rejoice to say I did not.
我乐意告诉你我不知道。  
Listen.
听好。  
Oh, and your slippers.
你的拖鞋。  
Please put on your slippers and come away from the window.
快穿上拖鞋,远离窗边。  
Your milk and crackers. - Everything we do is so wholesome.
牛奶和饼干 一切都这么刻板。  
They'll help you to sleep.
这些有助你入睡。  
I'm too tired to sleep. I shan't sleep a wink.
我太累了,无法入睡。  
Now, my dear, if you don't mind, tomorrow's schedule.
公主,现在说一下明天的时间表。  
if that's your preferred pronunciation, both are correct.
或是行程表,两者都是一样。  
8.30, breakfast with the embassy staff.
八点半跟大使馆人员吃早餐。  
9 o'clock, leave for the Polinari Automotive Works.
九点参观宝莲莱尼车厂。  
to be presented with a small car.
你会获赠一部小汽车。  

Thank you. - Which you won't accept.
谢谢!你不会收礼物  
No, thank you. - 10.35.
不,谢了!10点35分。  
inspect agriculture organisation, who'll present you with an olive tree.
视察农业组织,他们会送橄榄树。  
No, thank you. - Which you will accept.
不,谢了!你会收下这礼物。
妙语佳句
1.nightgown
睡衣
He held his breath and pushed his hand down the bed to touch his nightgown.
他屏住呼吸,伸出一只手,顺着床往下摸到了他的睡衣。
2.absolutely
adv. 绝对地;完全地
This must be kept absolutely secret.; This is strictly confidential.
这事绝对保密。
3.rejoice
vi. 高兴;庆祝
vt. 使高兴
Is the passing of time causing you and me to despair or rejoice?
是时间的流逝导致你和我去绝望或欣喜吗?
4.be present with
获赠...
He was especially critical of the production of "spirit photographs" in which the ghost of a well-known figure appeared to be present with someone.
他特 别批评「灵异照片」这件事,也就是一个众所皆知的名人鬼魂与某人同时出现在相片中。
5.agriculture
农业;农艺,农学
They queried the Premier about his new plan for agriculture.
他们向总理询问农业新计划的问题。
考考你 (请翻译)
1.你可知道有些人爱裸睡?
2.这些有助你入睡。

上期参考答案
1.Thousands cheer a young member of one of Europe's oldest ruling families.
2.The smiling young princess showed no sign of the strain of the week's continuous public appearances.

分享到
重点单词
  • continuousadj. 连续的,继续的,连绵不断的
  • inspectvt. 调查,检阅 vi. 调查
  • wholesomeadj. 有益健康的,合乎卫生的,健全的
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • winkn. 眨眼,使眼色,瞬间 v. 眨眼,使眼色,闪烁
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • despairn. 绝望,失望 vi. 失望
  • strainn. 紧张,拉紧,血统 v. 劳累,拉紧,过份使用
  • confidentialadj. 秘密的,值得信赖的,机密的
  • strictlyadv. 严格地