听电影《罗马假日》学英语第10期:罗马头条
日期:2012-09-19 21:12

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Here it is, Mr Bradley, all over the front page of every paper in Rome.
你看!罗马每份报纸的头条。  
All right, I overslept. It can happen to anybody.
我睡过头,人谁无过?  
If you ever got up and read a morning paper.
若你起床后有看早报。  
you might discover little news events, little items of general interest.
就会发现这些大众关注的小新闻。  
that might stop you getting immersed in such a gold-plated.
而不会跟我扯这种荒天下之大谬。  
triple-decked, star-spangled lie as you have just told me.
令人笑掉大牙的谎话!  
If I were you I'd try some other business, like mattress testing!
你该考虑转行做床褥测试员。  
Is this the princess? Yes, Mr Bradley.
这就是公主?没错。  
It isn't Annie Oakley, Dorothy Lamour or Madame Chiang Kai-Shek.
不是奥莉、娜摩或蒋介石夫人。  
Take a good look. You might interview her again some day.
看清楚,也许你再有机会访问她。  
Am I fired?
我被炒鱿了?  
No. When I want to fire you, you won't have to ask.
不,若我要炒你,不用你问我。  
You'll know you're fired.
你自会知道已经被炒。  
The man's mad.
那傢伙是疯的。  
Giovanni, it's Joe Bradley.
老吉,是阿祖。  
Now listen carefully.
现在你听清楚。  
Hurry up to my place and see if there's somebody there, asleep.
快去我的房间看有没有人在睡觉。  
Aha. Si, Mr Joe.
明白了,没问题。  
I look, you wait.
我去看看,你等一下。
妙语佳句
1.oversleep
vt. 使睡过头
vi. 睡过头
He enjoys watching movies and staying up late, which usually causes him to oversleep.
他喜欢看电影并看到很晚,这样使他经常睡过头。
2.immersed
adj. 浸入的;专注的
v. 浸(immerse的过去式和过去分词);沉湎于
After you’ve completely immersed your body in awareness, focus on relaxing each muscle in your body.
在你的身体完全沉浸在自己的意识之后,集中于放松身体的每一块肌肉。
3.mattress
床垫;褥子;空气垫
He felt the sag of the mattress and then her lips on his.
他感到床垫往下一沉,然后她的嘴唇堵住了他的。
4.Hurry up
赶快
There were calls of “I’m first” followed by “But hurry up, you take so long to have a bath”.
有人会说“我是第一个”,然后另外的人就会跟着说“快点,你洗澡的时间太长了”。
考考你 (请翻译)
1.若你起床后有看早报。 
2.快去我的房间看有没有人在睡觉。 

上期参考答案
1.How did she feel about the future friendship of nations?
2.I think you described it very well. 

分享到
重点单词
  • immersevt. 浸,陷入
  • mattressn. 床垫
  • awarenessn. 认识,意识,了解
  • interviewn. 接见,会见,面试,面谈 vt. 接见,采访,对 .