剑桥雅思11真题听力 第27期:Test4(section2-1)
日期:2016-05-16 11:42

(单词翻译:单击)

Good morning, and welcome to the museum — one with a remarkable range of exhibits, which I'm sure you'll enjoy.
上午好,欢迎来到博物馆。我们博物馆展品丰富,相信你们一定会享受这次参观的。
My name's Greg, and I'll tell you about the various collections as we go round.
我叫Greg,在参观的过程中我会给你们讲解不同的藏品。
But before we go, let me just give you a taste of what we have here.
不过在出发之前,我先简短地给你们介绍一下我们的藏品。
Well, for one thing, we have a fine collection of twentieth and twenty-first century paintings, many by very well-known artists.
首先,我们收藏了一批很棒的二十世纪和二十一世纪的画作,很多都是出自名家之手。
I'm sure you'll recognise several of the paintings.
我相信你们会认出其中几幅的。
This is the gallery that attracts the largest number of visitors,
这个画廊吸引的参观者人数最多,
so it's best to go in early in the day, before the crowds arrive.
所以大家最好早一点,赶在大批人群到来之前进去,
Then there are the nineteenth-century paintings.
然后,我们还有十九世纪的画作。
The museum was opened in the middle of that century,
博物馆是在十九世纪中期建成的,
and several of the artists each donated one work — to get the museum started, as it were.
好像为了筹建这座博物馆,几位画家每人捐赠了一幅作品。
So they're of special interest to us — we feel closer to them than to other works.
所以这些画作对我们来说有着特殊的意义,我们对它们比对其他作品感觉更加亲近。
The sculpture gallery has a number of fine exhibits, but I'm afraid it's currently closed for refurbishment.
雕塑展厅有很多不错的展品,但是恐怕目前正在闭厅装修。
You'll need to come back next year to see it properly,
你们需要明年再过来才能好好地参观,
but a number of the sculptures have been moved to other parts of the museum.
不过那里的许多雕塑都已经被挪到了博物馆的其他区域。
' Around the world ' is a temporary exhibition — you've probably seen something about it on TV or in the newspapers.
Around the world是一个短期的展览,你们也许已经在电视上或者报纸上看到过相关的信息了。
It's created a great deal of interest, because it presents objects from every continent and many countries,
很多人对这个展览都很感兴趣,因为它展示的是来自各个大洲很多国家的物品,
and provides information about their social context- why they were made, who for, and so on.
并且介绍了这些物品的社会背景信息,比如它们被制造出来的原因,服务的对象等等。
Then there's the collection of coins.
接下来是我们的硬币收藏。
This is what you might call a focused, specialist collection,
你们也许会称它为一种专精的收藏,
because all the coins come from this country, and were produced between two thousand and a thousand years ago.
因为所有的硬币都来自这个国家,而且都是在2000-1000年前制作的。
And many of them were discovered by ordinary people digging heir gardens and donated to the museum!
它们中很多都是普通人在花园锄地的时候发现的,随后这些人就把硬币捐给了博物馆。
All our porcelain and glass was left to the museum by its founder when he died in 1878.
博物馆里所有的瓷器和玻璃制品都是其创始人在1878年去世的时候留下的。
And in the terms of his will, we're not allowed to add anything to that collection:
根据他的遗愿,我们不能在这批收藏中增加任何藏品,
he believed it was perfect in itself, and we don't see any reason to disagree!
因为他认为这批收藏本身已经是完美的了,我们对此也十分赞同。

分享到
重点单词
  • sculpturen. 雕塑 vt. 雕刻,雕塑 vi. 当雕刻师
  • exhibitionn. 展示,展览
  • porcelainn. 瓷器,瓷
  • collectionn. 收集,收取,聚集,收藏品,募捐
  • remarkableadj. 显著的,异常的,非凡的,值得注意的
  • temporaryadj. 暂时的,临时的 n. 临时工
  • rangen. 范围,行列,射程,山脉,一系列 v. 排列,归类于
  • disagreev. 不一致,有分歧,不适应,不适宜
  • galleryn. 美术馆,画廊,顶层楼座,狭长的房间
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会