剑桥雅思11真题听力 第14期:Test2(section3-2)
日期:2016-04-26 11:07

(单词翻译:单击)

Now when we get to our findings I thought we could divide them up into the different zones
在写发现部分的内容时,我觉得我们可以根据在海岸上识别出的不同地区,
we identified on the shore and the problems organisms face in each zone.
把这些发现成果加以划分,然后再写出每个区的生物面临的问题。
So for the highest area.....
那么在最高的地区.....
The splash zone?
你指的是飞溅区?
Yeah, we found mostly those tiny shellfish that have strong hard shells that act as protection.
对,我们在那儿发现的大多都是些小小的贝类,就是那些用硬壳来保护自己的生物。
But not from other organisms that might eat them, predators?
但是它们没法保护自己不被其他生物捕食啊,比如食肉动物?
No, that's not the main danger for them.
不,那不是它们面临的主要危险。
But the shells prevent them from drying out because they're in the open air for most of the time.
这些壳能防止它们过多流失水分,因为它们大部分时间都在露天环境中。
Right. And since they're exposed, they need to be able to find some sort of shelter,
对,而且既然它们已经暴露在空气中了,就要找到某种庇护所,
or cover themselves up, so they don't get too hot.
或者把自己遮盖起来,这样才不会过热。
Then in the middle and lower zones, nearer the sea, we need to discuss the effects of wave action...
接着关于离海较近的中部地区和地势较低的地区,我们要讨论一下海浪作用的影响...
Yes, and how organisms develop structures to prevent themselves from being swept away,
是的,以及生物是如何发展出某种结构,以防止自己被海浪冲走
or even destroyed by being smashed against the rocks.
或者甚至被海浪拍到石头上摔死的。
I haven't done anything on the geological changes. I don't know what to put for that.
我没做过任何关于地质变迁方面的调查,不知道在这方面要写什么。
No, we weren't concentrating on that. Maybe we need to find some websites.
嗯,我也没有,我们当时没有关注这方面。也许我们需要去一些网站上寻找信息。
Good idea. I've got the lecture notes from Mr. Blake's geology course, but they're too general.
好主意。我有Mr.Blake的地质学课上的笔记,不过都太笼统了。
But we could ask him which books on our Reading List might be most helpful.
但是我们可以问问他阅读清单上的哪些书可能最有帮助。
Right. OK, now I did a draft of the section of sources of possible error in our research,
没错。我把我们调查时可能出现的错误的原因这一部分写了份草稿,
but I don't know if you agree.
不过我不知道你会不会同意我的观点。
For example, the size of the sample, and whether it's big enough to make any general conclusions from.
比如样品的范围,以及它是否大到可以从中得出任何一般性结论。
But I thought actually we did have quite a big sample.
不过实际上我觉得我们的取样范围已经够大了。
We did. And our general method of observation seemed quite reliable.
没错,而且我们总体的观察方法好像也很可靠啊。
But we might not be all that accurate as far as the actual numbers go.
不过我们得出的数据可能没有真实数据那么精确。
Yeah, we might have missed some organisms — if they were hiding under a rock for example.
对,我们也许遗漏了一些生物,比如那些躲在岩石下面的。
I wasn't sure about the way we described their habitats.
我对我们描述它们栖息地的方式不太有把握。
I decided it was probably OK.
不过我觉得应该没问题。
Yeah, and the descriptions we gave of the smaller organisms, they weren't very detailed,
对,虽然我们给出的关于小型生物的描述不是特别详细,
but they were adequate in this context.
但是用在这里已经足够了。
I'm not sure we identified all the species correctly though.
不过,我不确定我们有没有准确辨认出所有的物种。
OK, we'd better mention that. Now, how we...
好吧,那我们最好提一下这一点。我们怎么......

分享到
重点单词
  • preventv. 预防,防止
  • detailedadj. 详细的
  • sheltern. 庇护所,避难所,庇护 v. 庇护,保护,隐匿
  • draftn. 草稿,草图,汇票,徵兵 vt. 起草,征兵,选秀
  • reliableadj. 可靠的,可信的
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • adequateadj. 足够的,适当的,能胜任的
  • contextn. 上下文,环境,背景
  • speciesn. (单复同)物种,种类
  • samplen. 样品,样本 vt. 采样,取样 adj. 样