剑桥雅思11真题听力 第9期:Test2(section1-1)
日期:2016-04-19 15:03

(单词翻译:单击)

Good Morning. Youth Council. Caroline speaking.
早上好,这里是青年委员会,我是Caroline。
Oh, hello, I'm interested in standing for election to the Youth Council, and I was told to give you a call.
您好,我想参加青年委员会竞选,他们叫我给您打个电话。
That's good. Could I have your name, please?
很好。请问你叫什么名字?
Yes, it's Roger Brown.
我叫Roger Brown。
Thank you. I'm Caroline, the Youth Council administrator.
谢谢,我叫Caroline,是青年委员会的管理员。
So do you know much about what the Council does, Roger?
你对我们青年委员会的工作有多少了解呢,Roger?
I've talked to Stephanie — I think she's the chair of the Council.
我和Stephanie联系过,我记得她好像是青年委员会的主席。
That's right.
没错。
And she told me a lot about it.
她跟我讲了很多委员会的事情,
How it's a way for young people to discuss local issues, for example,
比如,它是一种年轻人讨论当地事件的途径,
and make suggestions to the town council. That's what made me interested.
还能通过青年委员会向市议会提建议。正是这些让我对青年委员会产生了兴趣。
Fine. Well let me take down some of your details.
好的,我现在要记录一下你的个人信息。
First of all, how old are you? You know the Council is for young people aged from 13 to 18?
第一,你多大了?你知道委员会面向的是13-18岁的年轻人,对吧?
I've just turned 18.
我今年刚满18岁。
And where do you live, Roger?
Roger,你住在哪里?
Well, that's a bit complicated.
嗯......这个有点复杂。
At the moment I'm looking for a flat to rent here, so I'm in a hostel from Monday to Friday.
我现在还在找可以租的公寓,所以从星期一到星期五我都住在一个青年旅社。
I go back to my parents' place at the weekend.
周末的时候我会回父母家住。
OK, so where's the best place to send you some information about the Council?
好吧,那如果我们要给你寄一些委员会的资料,最好寄到哪里?
Oh, to my parents' address, please.
哦,请寄到我父母家。
That's 17, Buckleigh Street — B-U-C-K-L-E-I-G-H Street, Stamford, Lincolnshire,
地址是:林肯郡斯坦福德县 Buckleigh大街17号,大街名字的拼写是B-U-C-K-L-E-I-G-H ,
though you don't really need the county.
不过您应该知道我们县。
Oh, I know Stamford — it's a lovely town. And what's the postcode?
对,我知道斯坦福德县,一个很不错的地方。邮编是什么?
PE9 7QT.
PE9 7QT。
Right, thank you. So are you working here, or are you a student?
好的,谢谢。请问你是在这里工作还是学习?
I started studying at the university a couple of weeks ago,
我是几个星期前开始在这里上大学的,
and I've got a part-time job for a few hours a week.
每个星期还做几个小时的兼职。
What do you do?
什么兼职?
Well, I've done several different things.
我已经做过好几种不同的兼职了。
I've just finished a short-term contract as a courier,
我的短期导游的合同刚结束,
and now I'm working as a waiter in one of the big hotels.
现在正在一个大酒店当服务生。
Uhuh. That can't leave you much time for studying!
嗯,那这样的话你应该没多少时间可以用来学习吧?
Oh, it's not too bad. I manage to fit it all in.
也没那么严重,我设法把所有时间都安排好了。
What are you studying?
你学的是什么?
My ambition is to go into parliament eventually, so my major subject is politics.
我的梦想是以后进入议会工作,所以我选了政治专业。
That's partly why I think the Youth Council is important and want to be a part of it.
这也是我认为青年委员会很重要并且想要加入的部分原因。
And I suppose you're also taking a minor subject, aren't you?
我想你应该也在学习一门辅课,对吗?
I know a lot of people study economics too.
我知道很多人还选择了学习经济。
I chose history.
我选的是历史。
To be honest, I'm not finding it as interesting as I expected!
但是说实话,我觉得这门课没有我想象中那么有趣。

分享到
重点单词
  • administratorn. 管理人,行政官
  • ambitionn. 雄心,野心,抱负,精力 vt. 有 ... 野心,
  • contractn. 合同,契约,婚约,合约 v. 订合同,缩短,缩小,
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • minoradj. 较小的,较少的,次要的 n. 未成年人,辅修科
  • addressn. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧 vt.
  • complicatedadj. 复杂的,难懂的 动词complicate的过去
  • electionn. 选举