剑桥雅思11真题听力 第11期:Test2(section2-1)
日期:2016-04-21 10:39

(单词翻译:单击)

Hi. Great to see you!
你们好,很高兴见到你们!
I'm Jody, and I'll be looking after both of you for the first month you're working here at the Amersham Theatre.
我叫Jody,你们两个在Amersham大剧院工作的第一个月都将由我来照看。
I'll tell you something about the theatre now, then take you to meet two of the other staff.
我现在先告诉你们一些剧院的情况,然后再带你们去见两位其他的员工。
It's an old building, and it's been modernised several times.
这是一栋老建筑,已经翻修了好几次了
In fact, as you can see, we're carrying out a major refurbishment at the moment.
事实上,你们也能注意到,我们现在就在进行一次大整修。
The interior has just been repainted, and we're about to start on the exterior of the building — that'll be a big job.
我们刚刚重新粉刷完建筑内部,正准备开始粉刷外部,那会是一项大工程。
The work's running over budget, so we've had to postpone installing an elevator.
这次工程的花费已经超出预算了,所以我们不得不推迟安装电梯的计划。
I hope you're happy running up and down stairs!
希望你们不会介意跑上跑下。
When the theatre was built, people were generally slimmer and shorter than now, and the seats were very close together.
这座剧院最初建成的时候,人们的身材普遍比现在更苗条矮小,所以那时的座位隔得非常近。
We've replaced them with larger seats with more legroom.
我们已经把它们都换成大一些的座位了,放脚的地方也更多一点。
This means fewer seats in total but we've taken the opportunity to install seats that can easily be moved, to create different acting spaces.
这就意味着我们全部座位的数量有所减少,不过我们趁着那次机会安装了能够轻易移动的座位,以创造出不同的表演空间。
We've also turned a few storerooms over to other purposes like using them for meetings.
我们还把几间储藏室改装另作他用了,比如用作会议室之类的。
We try hard to involve members of the public in the theatre.
我们努力想要让观众朋友融入剧院。
One way is by orgnising backstage tours so people can be shown round the building and learn how a theatre operates.
一种方法是组织人们参观后台,这样他们可以在建筑内四处游览并了解到一台戏剧是如何运作的。
These are proving very popular.
结果证明这种方法很受欢迎。
What we're finding is that people want to have lunch or a cup of coffee while they're here,
我们还发现人们希望能在这里吃个午餐或者喝杯咖啡,
so we're looking into the possibility of opening a cafe in due course.
所以我们剧院正在考虑在适当的时候开一家餐厅的可能性。
We have a bookshop which specialises in books about drama and that attracts plenty of customers.
这栋建筑中有一个书店专门出售与戏剧相关的书籍,这家书店吸引了非常多的顾客。
Then there are two large rooms that will be decorated next month,
下个月,我们还要装修两间大会议室,
and they'll be available for hire, for conferences and private functions, such as parties.
它们将被用于出租、开会或者像开派对这样的私人用途。
We're also considering hiring out costumes to amateur drama clubs.
我们还在考虑出租一些戏服给业余戏剧社团。
Now I want to tell you about our workshops.
现在我想向你们介绍一下我们的学习班。
We recently started a programme of workshops that anyone can join.
最近我们启动了一个任何人都能加入的学习班项目。
Eventually we intend to run courses in acting,
我们最终打算开一些表演方面的课程,
but we're waiting until we've got the right people in place as trainers.
不过还得等找到合适人选担任培训师之后才能开始。
That's proving more difficult than we'd expected!
这比我们预料的要难得多。
There's a big demand to learn about the technical side of putting on a production,
大家在学习制作一台戏剧需要的技术方面的需求很大,
and our lighting workshop has already started with great success.
我们的灯光学习班早已经开设了并且大获成功。
We're going to start one on sound next month.
我们下个月即将推出一门声音方面的课程。
A number of people have enquired about work shops on make-up, and that's something we're considering for the future.
已经有很多人向我们打听化妆学习班的情况了,所以我们考虑将来开一个这方面的课程。
A surprise success is the workshop on making puppets
一个制作木偶的学习班意外地获得了成功。
we happen to have someone working here who does it as a hobby, and she offered to run a workshop.
我们恰巧有个员工有这方面的爱好,她提出要开一个学习班,
It was so popular we're now running them every month!
没想到竟然这么受欢迎,我们现在每个月都开设这个课程。

分享到
重点单词
  • budgetn. 预算 vt. 编预算,为 ... 做预算 vi.
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的
  • involvevt. 包含,使陷入,使忙于,使卷入,牵涉
  • technicaladj. 技术的,工艺的
  • popularadj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的
  • elevatorn. 电梯,飞机升降舵,斗式皮带输送机
  • intendvt. 想要,计划,打算,意指
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • postponevt. 延期,推迟