高级英语第二册(MP3+中英字幕) 第5课:爱情就是谬误(9)
日期:2015-08-05 15:54

(单词翻译:单击)

Of course, she replied promptly.
当然能,她毫不犹豫地回答道。
But if He can do anything, He can lift the stone, I pointed out.
但是如果他是万能的,他就能搬动那块石头呀,我提醒她。
Yeah, she said thoughtfully. Well, then I guess He can't make the stone.
是嘛!她若有所思地说,嗯,我想他造不出那样的石头。
But He can do anything, I reminded her.
但他是万能的啊,我进一步提醒她。
She scratched her pretty, empty head. I'm all cofused, she admitted.
她用手抓了抓她那漂亮而又空虚的脑袋。我全搞糊涂了,她承认说。
Of course you are. Because when the premises of an argument contradict each other, there can be no argument.
你确实糊涂了。因为一种论点的各个前提相互问是矛盾的,这种论点就不能成立。
If there is an irresistible force, there can be no immovable object. If there is an immovable object, there can be no irresistible force. Get it?
如果有一种不可抗拒的力量.就不可能有一种不可移动的物体;如果有一种不可移动的物体,就不可能有一种不可抗拒的力量。懂吗?
Tell me some more of this keen stuff, she said eagerly.
再给我讲些这类新奇的玩意儿吧,她恳切地说。
I cousulted my watch. 1 think we'd better call it a night. I'll take you home now, and you go over all the things you've learned.
我看了看表,说:我想今晚就谈到这里。我现在该送你回去了。你把所学的东西复习一遍。
We'll have another session tomorrow night.
我们明晚上再来上一课吧。
I deposited her at the girls' dormitory, where she assured me that she had had a perfectly terrif evening, and I went glumly to my room.
我把她送到了女生宿舍,在那里她向我保证说这个晚上她过得非常痛快。
Petey lay snoring in his bed, the raccoon coat huddled like a great hairy beast at his feet.
我闷闷不乐地回到了我的房间,皮蒂正鼾声如雷地睡在床上。那件浣熊皮大衣像一头多毛的野兽扒在他的脚边。
For a moment I considered waking him and telling him that he could have his girl back.
我当时真想把他叫醒,告诉他可以把他的女朋友要回去。
It seemed clear that my project was doomed to failure. The girl simply had a logic-proof head.
看来我的计划会要落空了。这姑娘对逻辑简直是一点儿都不开窍。
But then I reconsidered. I had wasted one evening: I might as well waste another. Who knew?
但是我回过头一想,既然已经浪费了一个晚上,不妨还是再花一个晚上看看。

分享到