《老友记》视听精讲第151期:像得不得了的豆子
日期:2012-10-11 14:40

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Rachel: See your twentyfive...and...uh, Monica, get my purse.
跟你25块,Monica,把我钱包拿来。
Monica: Rachel, there's nothing in it.
Rachel,里面没钱。
Rachel: OK, then get me your purse.
好的,那把你钱包拿来。
Monica: OK, here you go. Good luck.
给你,祝你好运。
Rachel: Thank you. I saw your twentyfive, and I raise you... seven.
谢了,我跟你25,再加17。
Phoebe: ...teen!
10!
Ross: Joey, I'm a little shy.
我钱有点不够。
Joey: That's OK, Ross, you can ask me. What?
没问题,你有什么问题可以问我,怎么了?
Chandler: What do you need, what do you need?
要多少要多少?
Ross: Fifteen.
15。
Chandler: Alright, here's ten.
这里有10块。
Joey: Here, I got five, I got five.
我有5块。
Ross: Thank you.
谢了。
Chandler: Good luck.
好运。
Ross: OK, I am calling your seventeen. What do you got?
再加17块,你有什么牌?
Rachel: Full house.
满堂红。
Ross: You got me.
你赢我了。
Joey: Ahhh, that's alright. You know, that's a tough hand to beat.
没关系,你知道,那确实很难赢。
Chandler: I thought we had them!
我以为我们会赢!
Ross: Oh, well, when you don't have the cards, you don't have the cards, you know. But, uh... look how happy she is.
没有好牌就是没有好牌,你知道。但是,瞧她现在多开心。
Chandler: Airplane! Airport! Airport '75! Airport '77! Airport '79!
飞机!机场!机场75!机场77!机场 79!
Rachel: Oh, time's up.
时间到。
Monica: Bye... bye... BIRDIE.
在线,小鸟。
Joey: Oh!
啊哦!
Phoebe: That's a bird?
这是个鸟?
Phoebe: That's a bird!
那是鸟!
Rachel: OK, OK, it's my turn.
好了,该我了。
Chandler: Go.
开始。
Ross: Uh.... bean! Bean!
豆子!豆子!
Joey: The Unbearable Likeness of Being!
生命中不能承受之轻!
Rachel: Yes!
答对了!
Monica: That, you get? That, you get?
你答对了?这都能答对?

影片介绍

Rachel腻烦了当女侍应,送出许多简历应聘:她在第五大道上(首屈一指的)Saks Fifth Avenue百货公司得到面试机会。Ross为Rachel倾倒。男人们玩扑克牌,三个女人也想加入,男人们犹豫着答应了。女人们初学乍练输掉了第一局,想再玩一次。争强好胜的Monica一发不可收拾……

重点讲解

1. Full house: 满堂红;客满,满座;(扑克牌游戏中)三张同点加一对

eg. The full house signs were up every night when that film was shown at out local cinema.
当那个电影在当地电影院放映时,客满的牌子每晚高挂。

eg. Full House:Three dice of one number and two dice of another number.
满座:三个骰子的一个数字,两个骰子的另一个号码。

2. dive for: 向……扑去,潜水寻找

eg. Writer Andrew McCarthy journeyed to Moorea and nearby isles to dive for a black pearl for his mother's birthday.
作家安德鲁麦卡锡启程前往莫雷阿岛和附近小岛潜水,为他母亲的生日采摘黑珍珠。

eg. But when they get close they turn away from our heads and dive for our feet—apparently their preferred snack spot.
但是当他们接近我们的时候,却抛开我们的头,扑向我们的脚,显然脚丫才是他们喜欢就餐的地方。

3. The Unbearable Likeness of Being: 生命中不能承受之轻。大家在Monica家聚会,玩一个叫Pictionary的游戏,这个游戏的玩法就是有人画图,让大家猜成语或字。Joey的回答其实是一个相当好笑的谐音,实际答案《生命中不能承受之轻》的正确原文应该是The UnbearableLightness of Being. 这是知名捷克作家米兰.昆德拉(Milan Kundera)的著名小说,曾改编成电影《布拉格的春天》。但此处Rachel画了一颗“豆子” bean, bean和being音近,Joey又觉得Rachel的豆子画的“受不了的相像”Unbearable Likeness,所以他就组成了这句TheUnbearable Likeness of Bean,表面意义是“像得不得了的豆子”,但谐音就是The UnbearableLightness of Being,所以他答对了。

分享到
重点单词
  • pearln. 珍珠 v. (用珍珠)装饰,呈珍珠状 adj. 珍
  • likenessn. 相像,相似物,样子
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳