《老友记》视听精讲第142课:不是她就是我
日期:2012-09-24 16:50

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Phoebe: Hey.
嘿。
Joey: Urse...
Urse…
Joey: ..ah, what're you doing here? I've been trying to call you.
你到这儿来干什么?我一直想给你打电话。
Phoebe: Listen, um...
听着,嗯……
Joey: No, no, no, don't say "listen." I know that "listen." I've said that "listen".
不,别叫我听,我知道你的意思。我也叫别人听我说过。
Phoebe: I'm sorry.
抱歉。
Joey: I don't get it. What happened? What about everything you said under the bridge?
我不懂,你怎么了?那些在桥下说的话你都忘了吗?
Phoebe: Yeah, um... You know you, you should just forget about what I said under the bridge, I was talking crazy that night, I was so drunk!
是啊,你得忘记我在桥下说过的话,我那一夜喝醉了,胡言乱语。
Joey: You don't drink.
你不喝酒。
Phoebe: That's right, I don't... But I was, I was drunk on you!
没错,我不喝酒,但我爱你爱得如痴如醉。
Joey: Oh, Urse...
Urse…
Phoebe: Okay, yeah, so it's not gonna work.
我们是没有结果的。
Joey: Why? Is it because I'm friends with Phoebe?
为什么?因为我是Phoebe 的朋友?
Phoebe: If it was, would you stop hanging out with her?
如果是,你愿意不和她来往吗?
Joey: No. No, I, I couldn't do that.
不行,我办不到。
Phoebe: Um, then yes, it's because of Phoebe! So, you know, it's either her or me.
没错,就是因为她, 不是她就是我。
Joey: Then, uh, then I'm sorry.
那么我只能说抱歉了。
Phoebe: You know... You're gonna be really, really hard to get over.
你知道,忘了你是很难的一件事。
Joey: I know.
我知道。
Joey: I don't know whether it's just because we're breaking up or... what, but you have never looked so beautiful.
我不知是否因为分手, 你从未这么漂亮过。
Phoebe: Really?
真的吗?
Joey: Pheebs?
Pheebs?
Phoebe: Yeah. Oooh...
什么事?

影片简介

Monica带Rachel上医院:Rachel没买保险,所以她和Monica身份互换。当两名帅哥医生要约会她俩时,情况变得复杂化。Rachel认为应该坦白她们的身份,Monica坚持要保守秘密,两人争吵,结果在两位医生面前自爆其短。Ross没有信心当一个好爸爸:他在朋友们中寻找帮助,并向父亲咨询。Joey继续约会Ursula,后者成为他和Phoebe的朋友关系中的障碍——他错过了Phoebe的生日。

重点讲解

1. I was drunk on you. 对你如痴如醉。

2. hang out with sb: 与某人来往

eg. Hang out with people who inspire you to take action.
经常与那些能够激励你采取行动的人在一起。

eg. During breaks, I like to hang out with my friends in the school yard.
在课间休息时间,我喜欢和我的朋友们在学校的操场上玩儿。

3. either...or...: 二者择一的

eg. So either you change your friends or live with the envy of others.
所以,要么你换掉你的朋友,要么在别人的嫉妒下生活。

eg. I know some readers don't: They either don't know how or they don't have the time.
我知道一些读者不会这么干:他们或者没有时间或者不知道怎么做。

4. break up: 分手

eg. The ship went aground and started to break up.
轮船搁了浅,开始破碎。

eg. There is one thing I would break up over, and that is if she caught me with another woman.
只有一件事能让我离婚,那就是我和其他女人在一起的时候被妻子逮个正着。

分享到