爆裂鼓手(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第17期:弗莱彻的邀请
日期:2016-04-26 14:34

(单词翻译:单击)

原文赏析

Andrew.I don't know if you heard. Uh...I'm not at Shaffer anymore.
安德鲁 不知道你有没有听说我不在谢弗了
Yeah, I did hear that.Did you quit?
嗯 我听说了 你辞职了吗
Not exactly.Some parents got a kid from Sean Casey's year, I think,to say some things about me.
不算是 好像有些家长找到了肖恩·凯西那届的学生 说了些我的事
Although why anybody would have anything other than peaches and cream to say about me is a mystery.
虽然不知道除了甜言蜜语他们还能说我什么 太奇怪了
Yeah.
是啊
That's a good laugh, right? I'm sorry.
好笑吧 抱歉
No, listen... I get it. I'm sorry.
没事 我知道 抱歉
I know I made enemies.
我知道自己树敌不少
I'm conducting a little, though.
不过我还在指挥
They brought back the JVC Fest this year.
今年JVC音乐节回归
They got me opening in a couple of weeks with a pro band.
他们让我带一支专业乐队 几周之后演开场
That's great.
很好啊
Yeah. It's all right.
是啊 不错
Truth is, I don't think people understood what it was I was doing at Shaffer.
其实我觉得人们不理解我究竟在谢弗做什么
I wasn't there to conduct.
我不是去指挥的
Any fucking moron can wave his arms and keep people in tempo.
弱智也能挥着手臂让大家保持节奏
I was there to push people beyond what's expected of them.
我是在逼着人们突破极限
I believe that is...an absolute necessity.
我相信这是...绝对有必要的
Otherwise, we're depriving the world of the next Louis Armstrong.The next Charlie Parker.
否则我们就浪费了下一个路易斯·阿姆斯特朗 下一个查理·帕克
I told you the story about how Charlie Parker became Charlie Parker, right?
我和你说过吧 查理·帕克成名的故事
Jo Jones threw a cymbal at his head. Exactly.
乔·琼斯把嚓片砸到了他头上 正是
Parker's a young kid, pretty good on the sax.
帕克那时候还年轻 萨克斯吹得不错
Gets up to play at a cutting session, and he fucks it up.
参加一场爵士乐比赛 结果演砸了
And Jones nearly decapitates him for it.
琼斯差点把他的头给砍了
And he's laughed off-stage.
在台下备受嘲笑
Cries himself to sleep that night,but the next morning, what does he do?
那晚他哭着入睡 但隔天一早 他做了什么
He practices.And he practices and he practices with one goal in mind,never to be laughed at again.
他练琴 他练啊练 脑子里只有一个目标 再也不要被嘲笑
And a year later, he goes back to the Reno and he steps up on that stage,and plays the best motherfucking solo the world has ever heard.
一年之后 他回到里诺 他登上舞台 献上了一曲惊世的独奏
So imagine if Jones had just said:"Well, that's okay, Charlie. That was all right. Good job."
试想如果琼斯当时只是说"没事的查理 挺好 不错"
And then Charlie thinks to himself,"Well, shit, I did do a pretty good job."
那查理自己也会觉得"我确实演得不错"
End of story.No Bird.That, to me, is an absolute tragedy.
故事结束 没什么"大鸟"了 这对我来说绝对是个悲剧
But that's just what the world wants now.
但当今社会就想这样
People wonder why jazz is dying.
人们不知道为什么爵士将死
I tell you, man, and every Starbucks "Jazz" Album just proves my point, really.
我告诉你 每一家星巴克的"爵士"专辑都能证明我的观点
There are no two words in the English language more harmful than "Good job."
在英语当中没有比这两个词更害人的了"不错"
But is there a line?You know, maybe you go too far and you discourage the next Charlie Parker from ever becoming Charlie Parker. No, man, no.
但有底限吗 也许你太过了 结果让下一个查理·帕克彻底灰心无法成为查理·帕克了 不 不会
Because the next Charlie Parker would never be discouraged.
因为下一个查理·帕克永远不会灰心
Yeah.
是啊
The truth is, Andrew...I never really had a Charlie Parker.
其实 安德鲁 我从来没有过查理·帕克
But I tried.I actually fucking tried.
我真的试过了
And that's more than most people ever do.
这已经比大多数人厉害了
And I will never apologize for how I tried.
我决不会为我尝试的方式道歉
I'll see you later.
回头见
Yeah.
回见
Hey, Andrew. Listen, I have no idea how you're gonna take this,but the band I'm leading for JVC, my drummer is not cutting it.
安德鲁 不知道你会怎么想 但我在JVC指挥的这支乐队 鼓手还欠火候
You understand what I'm saying?
明白我的意思吗
No.
不明白
I'm using the Studio Band playlist.You know, "Caravan," "Whiplash."I need somebody who really knows those charts.
我用的是录音室乐队的曲子 《大篷车》《爆裂》 我需要了解这些曲子的人
What about Ryan Connolly?
瑞恩·康诺利呢
All Connolly ever was to me was incentive for you.
康诺利只是我找来激励你的
Tanner? Tanner switched to premed.
坦纳 坦纳转去学医了
I guess he got discouraged.
我猜他是灰心了吧
Take the weekend. Think about it.
周末的时候好好想想

电影简介:

《爆裂鼓手》(Whiplash)是达米恩·查泽雷编剧并执导的一部音乐剧情片, 讲述一个热爱音乐的年青人努力地想要成为顶尖的爵士乐鼓手的故事。

原声视频

重点讲解


讲解:
switch (in / of sth) | ~ (from A to B)
(尤指突然彻底的)改变,转变:

She made the switch from full-time to part-time work when her first child was born.
第一个孩子出生后她就从全职工作改为兼职工作。

incentive (for / to sb / sth) (to do sth)
激励;刺激;鼓励:

There is no incentive for people to save fuel.
没有使人们节约燃料的鼓励办法。

cut it
(不)如预想的一般好;(不)像所需要的那么好:

He won't cut it as a professional singer.
他的歌艺未达到专业歌手水平。

discourage sth | ~ sb from doing sth
阻拦;阻止;劝阻:

a campaign to discourage smoking among teenagers
劝阻青少年吸烟的运动

necessity (for sth) | ~ (of sth / of doing sth) | ~ (to do sth)
必然;必要;需要:

We recognize the necessity for a written agreement.
我们认为有必要签订一份书面协议。

分享到
重点单词
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • bandn. 带,箍,波段 n. 队,一群,乐队 v. 绑扎 v
  • drummern. 鼓手 n. 旅行推销员
  • apologizevi. 道歉,谢罪
  • discouragevt. 使气馁,阻碍
  • professionaladj. 职业的,专业的,专门的 n. 专业人员
  • campaignn. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动 v. 从事运动,参加竞
  • tannern. 制革工人
  • mysteryn. 神秘,秘密,奥秘,神秘的人或事物
  • incentiveadj. 刺激的,鼓励的 n. 刺激,鼓励,动机