位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 后天 > 正文
电影《后天》精讲第11期:最强烈的台风
日期:2015-04-06 14:20

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Yes, I’m looking at it right now.
对 我正在看
-Yes, it is. -What’s happening?
对 是 发生了什么事?
I’ll call you back.
我会给你打回去的
Mr. President, Los Angeles has been devastated by a series of tornados.
总统先生 洛杉矶遭遇了 一系列的龙卷风袭击
On top of that, the FAA wants your approval to suspend all air traffic.
除此之外 联邦航空局希望你下令 终止所有空中交通
-What do you think we should do? -Until we can figure it out...
你认为我们该怎么办? 在我们搞清楚事情原委之前...
...I don’t think we have much choice, sir. ...
我想我们没有什么选择 先生
What you’re seeing is what’s left of downtown Los Angeles.
你们现在所看到的是龙卷风过后的 洛杉矶市内情况
Hey, man, I just got off the phone with my mom.
嘿 哥们 我刚刚给我妈妈打完电话
Excuse me, you guys. I’m really sorry, but we need to change the channel.
对不起大家 我十分抱歉 但是我们需要换频道
The FAA has grounded all air traffic in the United States.
联邦航空局已经 终止了美国所有空中交通
Unfortunately, the order came too late for two planes...
不幸的是这道命令 对这两架飞机来说来的太晚了...
...brought down by severe turbulence in the Midwest. ...
猛烈的湍流 致使它们在中西部地区坠毁
-The first flight.... -So much for " one in a billion. "
第一架... "十亿分之一"理论不起作用了
All right. All right, listen up, everybody. Listen up, please.
好 好 听着 大家 请听一下
We’ve got a lot of work to do, and we don’t have much time...
我们有很多工作要做 我们没有太多的时间...
...so let’s get started, please. Vorsteen? ...
那么我们现在开始 请 沃斯亭?
All our grid4 models are worthless.
我们所有的网格模型都没有用了
I don’t think grid models are gonna be a lot of help here.
我认为这次网格模型帮不了我们
Canadians report tremendous circulation moving from the Arctic.
加拿大人报告猛烈的旋风正从北极移来
In Siberia, there’s a low-pressure system never before seen.
在西伯利亚 一个前所未见的 低气压云团已经形成
And Australia just saw the strongest typhoon ever recorded.
澳大利亚遇到了有史以来 最强烈的台风
-These things are interconnected? -We have to consider the possibility.
这些现象之间有联系吗? 我们必须考虑这种可能性
The only force strong enough to affect global weather is the sun.
唯一有可能影响全球气候的力量 是太阳
-What’s NASA have to say? -We’ve already checked.
国家航空航天局有什么看法? 我们已经检查过了
Solar output is normal.
太阳一切正常

重点讲解
重点单词
1.devastate
vt. 毁灭;毁坏
When cyclones devastate a city, when homes collapse in a sudden earthquake, the most urgent need is medical attention.
当气旋毁灭一座城市,房屋在突如其来的地震中倒塌时,人们最迫切需要的是就医。
2.turbulence
n. 骚乱,动荡;[流] 湍流;狂暴
Once you have kids, of course, they introduce 18 years worth of excitement and turbulence into your marriage.
一旦你们有了孩子,当然了,这肯定会为你们的婚姻带来18年的激动和骚乱。
3.interconnected
adj. 连通的;有联系的
v. 互相连接(interconnect的过去式)
You have seen how they need to be interconnected and coordinated to create a cohesive application.
您已经看到了,需要怎样把它们互相连接和调整它们以创建一个内聚的应用程序。
重点短语
1.Listen up
听好了
Our preparation for the Age of Turbulence began nearly a year ago.
我们为动荡时代来临所作的准备差不多一年前就开始了。
2.brought down
接前,移入下页
It should be no surprise, therefore, that the protest movement that brought down Mubarak no longer looked to the constitution for guidance.
这也就没什么可奇怪了,将穆巴拉克拉下台的抗议活动从此不再寄希望于宪法作为指引。
考考你(翻译)
1.我们为动荡时代来临所作的准备差不多一年前就开始了。
2.两者都是从一大堆互相连接的部件中浮现出来的模式。
3.二十年中,互联网并没有打倒独裁者,也不排除边界。

答案见下期
上期答案
1.What do I get out of this relationship?
2.All trains in Tokyo were stopped, and black plumes of smoke rose over the skyline.
3.With barely a drop on its own doorstep, the city secured supplies from lakes to the north and the Colorado River to the east.

分享到