(单词翻译:单击)
What's that you're reading?
你在看的那本是什么书?
This? Oh, it's the latest novel by Pam Wheeler.
这本吗?哦,这是帕姆.惠勒最新的小说。
Oh, right. Any good?
原来如此。好看吗?
Yes, it's not bad. It got a gripping plot, and the dialogue is quite witty.
嗯,还不错。它的情节不赖,对白也写得很好。
What's it about?
它在讲什么?
It's about sex and shopping, really. It really gets across the mood of the 1980s.
它其实是在谈两性与购物。很能反映出19世纪80年代的心情。
Yes, I read her first book.
的确,我看过她的第一本书。
Oh, yes, that's a classic of its kind. Did you like it?
对啊,它可说是同类的经典之作。你喜欢吗?
It was certainly a page-turner.
它绝对是一本引人入胜的书。
So what are you reading?
那你在看什么?
I'm reading this travel book, about a train journey across Mongolia.
我在看这本旅游书,它谈的是横穿蒙古的火车之旅。
Wow, sounds good.
哇,听起来不错。
Yes, it's really interesting, full of wonderfully vivid descriptions of landscapes.
是啊,有趣得很,里面充满了对景色极为生动的描述。
The only trouble is it's taking me ages to read.
唯一的麻烦是,
Oh, why's that?
我得花很长的时间来看完。
Well, it's a really heavy book, and the binding's broken, so I can't carry it around with me.
哦,为什么会这样?