(单词翻译:单击)
Do you want to hear a funny joke?
你想听个有趣的笑话吗?
OK. Are you sure it's funny, though?
好啊,可是你确定它好笑呜?
Well, you'll see.
你不妨听听看。
OK.
好。
OK, an Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman were going on a trip across the desert, and they could only take one thing with them.
好,有一个英格兰人、一个苏格兰人和一个爱尔兰人要横穿沙漠,而且每个人只能带一样东西。
I see.
我懂。
So they met up at the start of the journey and showed each other their equipment.
于是他们在行程的起点见面时,把自己带的东西拿给其他人看。
Oh, that's funny!
噢,真好玩!
Hang on, I haven't finished yet.
等等,我还没说完。
Oh, sorry.
噢,抱歉。
Well, as I was saying, they showed each other what they had decided to bring.
嗯,我说到他们把自己决定要带的东西拿给其他人看。
The Englishman had brought some water.
英格兰人带了一些水,
"If we get thirsty, we'll have something to drink," he said.
他说:“假如我们口渴了,我们就有东西可以喝。”
The Scotsman brought a map. "If we get lost, we'll be able to find our way."
苏格兰人带了一张地图:“假如我们迷路了,我们就可以靠它来找路。”
The Irishman had brought a car door.
爱尔兰人则带了一扇车门。
A car door? You mean just one car door?
车门?你是说一扇车门?
Yep. A car door.
没错,就是车门。
"Why the door?" the others asked him.
另外两个人问他说:“为什么要带车门?”
"Well," he said, “If it gets hot, we can open the window." Do you get it?
他说:“哦,假如天气热的话,我们就可以把车窗打开。”你听懂了吗?
Well…
哦……