(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation 1
对话1
A funny thing happened to me the other day.
前几天我碰到了一件好玩的事。
Oh, yes?
哦,是吗?
I was just thinking about someone I went to school with friendly with in third grade.
我想起一个以前跟我一起上学的人,那个男生在三年级的时候跟我很要好。
We used to hang out together -- he lived next door--but then my parents moved and I changed schools and never saw him again.
他就住在隔壁,我们经常在一起玩。可是后来我父母搬了家,我也转学了,从此再也没跟他见过面。
Mmm.
嗯。
Well, I was walking down Nan Jing Dong Lu (Nan-jing E. Rd.)during my lunch break thinking about this boy.
我午休时间走南京东路上,心里想到这个男孩。
I have no idea why I was thinking about him.
我不知道为什么会想起他……
Really?
是吗?
Yes, and suddenly I heard someone call my name.
对呀,然后我突然听到有人叫我的名字。
I turned around and there was this man looking at me.
我回过头去,看到有个男人在看我。
I didn't recognize him at all, but he obviously knew who I was.
我完全认不出他来,他却一副认识我的样子。
Oh yeah, that's embarrassing when that happens.
噢,当时可真尴尬。
You got it.
你说对了。
Well, he walked up to me and said my name again and then I realized it was the boy I had been thinking about, the one from third grade!
好啦,他朝我走过来,又叫了一次我的名字。然后我认出来了,他就是我心里想的那个三年级的男孩!
Wow, that's weird!
哇,真不可思议!
Yeah, isn't it?
对,难道不是吗?
Conversation 2
对话2
Did you see Ally McBeal last night?
你昨晚有看《艾莉的异想世界》吗?
No? What happened?
没有,怎么了?
Oh, it was hilarious. You know John's frog?
噢,太有趣了,你知道John的青蛙吗?
The one that died and then came back again?
起死回生的那一个呜?
That's right. Well, they all went out to a Chinese restaurant to celebrate and took the frog with them.
没错,他们带着青蛙一起到中国餐厅庆祝。
Really, how weird.
真的吗,好奇怪!
Well, John thought the frog looked hungry, so he asked Ling to help him ask the waiter if they could take the frog into the kitchen to feed it.
嗯,John觉得青蛙看起来有点俄,所以请Ling帮他请服务员带青蛙到厨房去喂它。
Ling asked the waiter in Chinese, and the waiter took the frog away.
Ling用中文请服务员帮忙,服务员便把青蛙带走了。
OK, so then what happened?
噢,然后发生了什么事?
Well, after a while, the waiter brought a new dish to the table, which they all enjoyed.
嗯,过了一会儿,服务员端一道新菜色上桌,他们都很喜欢。
Then John started to get a bit worried about why it was taking them so long to feed the frog, so he asked the waiter about it.
然后John开始有点担心,为什么喂个青蛙花了这么久的时间,于是他问了服务员。
And?
然后呢?
And the waiter told them that the dish they had just eaten was John's frog!
然后服务员告诉他们,他们刚用过的菜色就是John的青蛙!
The waiter misunderstood Ling's request and cooked the frog and served it to them.
服务员误会了Ling的要求,把青蛙给煮了并送上桌。
Oh my God, that's gross!
噢,天啊!真恶心!
Yes, but it's also really funny, don't you think?
是啊!但真的很有趣,你不觉得吗?